49. Rocky Road

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Peter and Astrid stood in line at the ice cream shop as the lady gave them two rocky road flavored ice cream.

The young couple held hands and held their ice cream cones in their free hands, Astrid telling the woman "Thanks."

"Anytime," The woman smiled.

Peter held the door open for his love and started to walk down the sidewalk until they ran into Robin, Roland, and Marian.

"Robin, Roland!" Astrid happily let out and hugged her little brother and other father figure.

"Sissy!" Roland exclaimed, a big, innocent grin on his face as he hugged the girl who picked him up and now held him in her arms.

"Where've you been hiding at, A? Haven't seen you since Berk," Robin inquired curiously.

"Aside from helping my family with Elsa on finding her sister? Um, just been spending time with this idiot here," Astrid replied while smirking over at Peter who rolled his eyes, "And I wouldn't have it any other way."

Marian looked between her husband and the girl in confusion and voiced that confusion aloud, "Sorry. How do you two know each other?"

"She's, um, like a daughter of mine-- Roland's big sister," Robin started as Astrid nodded and replied with a grin, "Yup. Back in the Enchanted Forest, Robin found me and we grew close and he sort of adopted me into his family."

"Oh," Marian replied with a small nod before adding, "Well, it's nice to meet you, Astrid."

"You too, Marian. Robin's told me a lot about you," Astrid replied.

"Well, we have to catch up with her other parents because her mother is the new mayor," Peter spoke up.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot... I'll stop by more and visit you guys, okay?" Astrid laughed before hugging Robin and Roland again and waved goodbye before walking away with Peter, their hands still linked.

Peter joked while glancing over at his love, "Idiot?"

Astrid nodded and smirked at him, saying, "Yes, but you're my idiot."

"Why are you so cute?" Peter grinned with Astrid narrowing her eyes and commenting, "Call me cute again and I'll murder you."

"No, you won't," Peter smirked.

"Try me," Astrid also smirked.

"You love me too much and too good. Plus, you're too adorable," Peter replied with a shrug as Astrid gave him a death glare, making the boy laugh.