38. It's Not Easy Being Green

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Peter stood next to Astrid in front of Neal's grave as everyone began scooping shovels of dirt onto the coffin.

The green eyed boy didn't want to come but had to, being that Neal is his nephew and Rumplestiltskin wasn't there. He didn't know how to react to grieving over family and didn't know what to say or to think.

Astrid glanced over at him and moved her hand and now held his in hers, squeezing it in reassurance.

He looked over at her and moved his arm, wrapping it around the small of her back and pulled her close to him.

Astrid then glanced over at Emma with a small, sad smile as her sister returned it with a little nod also.

***

Astrid and Peter both sat at the counter at Granny's diner, Peter drinking a cup of coffee while Astrid simply chose water.

"I'm actually gonna miss Bae," Astrid admitted quietly as Peter moved his hand on top of hers and squeezed it.

Before Peter could say anything, he was cut off by Robin Hood approaching them and placing a hand on his girlfriend's shoulder as the archer smiled at them.

"Astrid, it's good to see you again," Robin started, "I haven't seen you in a long time. Roland misses his big sister-"

"Hey, for all we know, we already reunited in the Enchanted Forest that year," Astrid cut him off with a light smile, "It's good to see you too."

Robin dropped his hand and was hesitant on leaving the young couple but began to leave anyway.

Until Astrid stood up and hugged him, her arms wrapped around his waist; Robin also wrapped his arms around the girl who was more like a daughter to him, a small smile on his face.

"I heard you were in town.... I just— I couldn't bring myself to visit," Astrid admitted quietly, "Not after leaving you guys behind like that. I'm sorry."

Robin made her look up at him as he assured, "That was a lifetime ago, Kid. Besides, you have nothing to apologize for... You were afraid of getting too close and you wanted to find your family, which you did, and you seem happy with them. That's all I ever want for you-- for you to be happy."

Astrid pushed a strand of blonde hair out of her face and nodded, saying, "You and Roland are my family, too. I just- I was afraid that I would end up destroying your family, like I somehow always manage to do.  I still am bloody afraid, but I'm learning to face that fear."