7. Into the Deep

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Emma swiftly pulled out an old photo of her son and held it up to Aurora and asked, "The boy you saw in your dream-- Is that him?"

Aurora lightly grasped the photo within her fingers and looked at it, bringing it slightly closer. "Yes. That's Henry."

Snow stood up as did Astrid, both in realization and already knew why she saw Henry in her dream. Emma started, sounding both confused and shock at the same time, "That's impossible. It was a dream. How could you dream of my son?"

"I have no idea." Aurora answered.

"Was Henry, by any chance, put under a sleeping curse?" Astrid spoke up, her hands on the hilts of her swords on her sides. Emma looked up at her expectantly and asked, "What?"

"It's just... That room that she had described... I've been there-- and from the look on our mother's face, so has she." Astrid began carefully, nodding over to Snow who slowly nodded also.

"When I told you and Snow about it, you didn't say anything." Aurora slightly argued towards the teenager.

"You were terrified. We didn't want to make things worse by telling you we thought it might be real." Snow stepped in, standing beside her teenage daughter.

"A room in a dream is real?" Mulan spoke up in confusion as she approached them.

"The sleeping curse." Snow continued to what Astrid started to say. Mulan seemed to understand now as her face changed from its confused look.

"It has to be. I went through. Aurora went through it. Snow went through it-" Astrid started back up, glancing down at the ground for a second.

"Henry's been through it because I wouldn't believe him." Emma slowly replied, blaming herself for her past mistakes. Snow lightly comforted her, "Emma."

"When I woke up from my sleeping curse, I went to a healer about the nightmares..." Astrid commented, "She said when people go under the sleeping curse, their soul travels to a netherworld where it stays until the person wakes up... The world is in between life and death and it's very real."

"That doesn't really explain you having nightmares-" Emma said.

Astrid cut her off and finished explaining, "I wasn't finished, geesh. Anyways, the reason for the person's  nightmares was because even when the curse gets broken... Sometimes when the victims go back to sleep, they find their way back to that world."

Aurora continued to be upset with Astrid and Snow and blurted out, "What else did you two lie about? I thought I could trust you, Astrid, after everything we've been through." She was mainly talking about losing her fiancé.