52. Family Business

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid was sitting on top of the desk indian-style with her lower arms propped on her thighs as David, Snow, Elsa, and Regina stepped over to the girl near the television screen.

They was waiting on Gold and Belle, so that Emma could play the tape that she found.

David placed a hand over his teenager's left arm as she glanced up at him to see a slight concerned look on his face; Astrid rolled her eyes and sarcastically mumbled, "I'm fine. Now go away."

David chuckled sadly and kissed the top of her head as he slightly stepped away.

They watched a young Emma try to reach for her video camera from the boy who took it from her just as the Snow Queen came on the screen and told the boy, "Give it back, Kevin. The camera is not yours. It's Emma's."

Emma paused the video as Snow pointed out, "Emma, that's you-"

"Way to state the obvious, Captain Obvious," Astrid sarcastically cut her off as Snow glanced over at the girl but decided to let it go, knowing that the teenager was being extra sarcastic because she's hurting.

"You must be-" Snow began as Emma nodded and answered her, "13, maybe 14."

"Are you missing the part where's she's with the Snow Queen?" Regina pointed out, "Emma, you knew her before you came to Storybrooke?"

"Apparently, my run-in with her in town wasn't the only memory she erased," Emma sighed.

Astrid looked over at Hook, her eyes narrowed as the pirate had moved over to stand beside the girl while glancing down at her, offering a small smile to her.

"All this time in this foster home, or whatever that place was-- it's gone," Emma finished.

"Look, I- I just don't understand how she even ended up in this world," Belle spoke up.

"We were hoping Gold could tell us," Astrid also spoke back up as her family looked over at the said man, "You spent more time trying to get here than anyone. How the bloody hell did she do it?"

"Considering the time I spent on the same task, I'd love to know," Gold answered.

"Does it really matter how she got to Emma?" David questioned, "I mean, shouldn't we be more concerned about why?"

"Obviously, she needed her for something. But what?" Regina also inquired and scoffed, "Well, that's our next problem."

"Well, we know she's hiding somewhere in the north woods," Astrid commented, "We combed every inch of her shop. We tore apart her house. She must have cleared everything out days before, which means-"