10. The Cricket Game

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid had went to Granny's with Emma and Henry to get breakfast; After they had ate, they had went shopping for the welcome/welcome back party that would be later tonight.

Astrid complained about the clothes that Emma would pick out and would only give Emma sarcastic and snide remarks, "But where can I place my daggers?" and "Why the hell will I ever have to wear that?"

And it took a lot to make Astrid remove her kransen; Emma gave up on trying, so she just decided that Astrid would take it off when whenever she's ready.

Upon arriving back at the apartment, Emma unlocked the door as Henry and Astrid entered first, followed by Emma. "Hey! Guess what!?" Henry excitedly started as he rushed passed the two blonde ladies and towards the kitchen area, "Taco shells were on sale."

Astrid dropped her shopping bags at the staircase and moved back over to them. "And, according to Emma, my clothes were good deals also, so it's a win-win." Astrid added.

"And apparently, tacos? Not a big item in the Enchanted-?" Emma also added as the three of them froze at the sight of Snow and David beneath the sheets of her bed, undressed.

Henry quickly broke the awkward tension and asked the couple in confusion, "What are you guys still doing in bed?"

Astrid also began before realizing, "Yeah, it's middle of the afternoon- ohhh..." Her face changed to a look of realization to a look of disgust as she looked at her parents. "Gross."

"What?" Henry innocently asked as he glanced over at his aunt.

Snow stopped him and began, "The trip back was tiring and... I needed to rest..."

"And I needed to... help her rest." David spoke up while pulling the sheet up and tucking it in closer to their bodies.

"But what's so gross about that-?" Henry asked Astrid who wrapped her arm around his shoulders and guided him into the kitchen while simply answering, "It's better left unsaid, trust me, buddy."

"Uh... let's go make the tacos. We have to make a lot because there's going to be a ton of people at Granny's welcome and welcome back party tonight." Emma spoke up, following after her sister and son.

Astrid listened to the conversation between her parents and twin as she helped Henry unload the ingredients from the grocery bags. "We thought you were going to be back later." Snow whispered to Emma.

"Yeah, well, we weren't. Next time you could put a tie on the door or send a text or-" Emma paused and said, "You know what? I'm- I'm gonna go make some tacos- while teach Astrid what's what in the kitchen again."

Astrid called out over to her, "Mm, pass." She moved over to them and smirked at her parents, deciding to embarrass her sister even more and make them a little more awkward. "I'd rather have our parents explain why-"

Emma quickly covered the teenager's mouth with her hand and shot her down, "No." Snow and David chuckled some as Emma removed her hand and looked at Astrid who bust out laughing then and made her way back over to the kitchen.

Emma looked at her sister and at their parents in disbelief before also going over to the kitchen to start making tacos.

"It's impressive that we can still provide them a few traumatic childhood memories at this stage of the game." David commented in amusement as Snow smiled also.