62. Poor Unfortunate Soul

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

"Emma, you and Astrid couldn't have known that she'd drop that tracking device," Hook began as he, Emma, Snow, and David trekked through a trail in the woods in attempt in finding where the missing boy and Regina could've gone.

"Yeah, but Astrid let her talk her into thinking kidnapping him was a good idea." Emma sighed, "If anything happens to the boy, it's my sister's fault, and she doesn't deserve any more blame she puts on herself."

David knelt down at the fork of the road and moved a hand lightly over some tracks that was washed away. "Yeah, the tracks end here. Looks like the rain washed them away."

"Where is Astrid anyway?" Snow wondered aloud curiously, "I thought she was also supposed to be tracking them with us?"

"She may have found another lead, maybe we should call her?" David suggested.

"Would now be an appropriate time for a locator spell?" Hook also suggested.

Astrid suddenly rode to where they were from Gold's cabin where she had been hiding at, spying on the villains-- Regina had known that she was there, too.

She turned her motorcycle sideways and parked, surprising her family. "That won't be bloody necessary."

"Astrid, what happened? Where were you?" Hook questioned first.

Astrid sighed and revealed what she found out, glancing over at Emma first, "That source of magic I felt led me to Gold's cabin, Gold having used his power to turn Pinocchio back into August."

"August?" Emma let out with slightly wide eyes.

"Yeah," Astrid nodded and added, "It seems Rumplestiltskin has returned, along with those witches, and is also looking for information on the Author... We have to stop him."

"We know one person who can," Emma shrugged, referring to the Dark One's wife.

***

"H-H-He's here?" Belle stammered while stiffening some, "But that's impossible."

Astrid had her arms folded across her chest as she stood beside Hook, saying, "Did you really think he'd stay away?"

"The dagger. You need to hand it over so we can stop this fight before it starts." Emma added.

Bella looked confused and commented, "The dagger? I don't have that dagger. Killian does."

The group glanced over at the said one-handed pirate in slight surprise who started, "Who? Me? Well, I haven't seen that cursed blade since you commanded the Crocodile to leave the first time."

"But y-you took it from me last night to hide it where no one could find it," Belle replied now in confusion yet suspicion.