98. Awake

❌❌❌❌

❌❌❌❌

Hook continued to run as fast as he could to outrun the Lost Boys, already exhausted.

Yet, the Lost Boys continued to whoop and holler in excitement as they chased down their prey, which happens to be the one handed pirate.

Zephyr stopped in his tracks after noticing something about the pirate once they had him surrounded near the beach.

"Wait." The said seven year old spoke up, stopping his Lost Boys as everyone including Hook who looked over at him.

"Zephyr?" Hook let out breathlessly in confusion, lowering his sword.

Zephyr grinned and rushed over to the pirate who immediately picked him up and now held him in a comforting embrace, "Grandpa."

Hook moved a hand over the back of the boy's head before setting him back on the ground, "Where's your mother?"

The seven year old's eyes then showed his sadness as he explained, "After Papa died, my mommy and I left for the Enchanted Forest, but the Black Fairy threatened to take me away... So, mama sent me here for my best chance while she was taken by the Black Fairy."

Hook's jaw flexed at his adopted daughter being captured by the villain known as the Black Fairy.

The one handed pirate glanced back at the Lost Boys warily and started, "Look, I've got treasure buried all over this island, uh, and rum. Any of you lads old enough to drink rum?"

A second-in command Lost Boy stepped forward, and said, "There's only one thing we want from you. To make you pay for what happened to Pan."

"Aye," Hook sighed, withdrawing his sword again, "Well, let's get on with it then. I've got somebody waiting for me at home. Now look, I don't want to hurt any of you, so this is your last chance."

Zephyr moved in between his grandpa and the other Lost Boys and spoke up, "Stand down, boys. My parents are on good terms with Hook. Don't get on my mom's bad side when she comes back." He frowned, "Or mine."

The Lost Boys soon lowered their weapons and stepped back.

Hook nodded slightly impressed and couldn't help but think the seven year old had his mother's attitude in a way.

Suddenly, something hit all of the Lost Boys in their necks, making them fall to the ground unconscious.

"You should really be careful, Captain." A new voice suddenly spoke up a few feet from them, revealing an Indian woman, "The Lost Boys have gotten nasty since Pan died."

Zephyr looked up at the Indian curiously, "Tiger Lily... Is there a reason you bloody attacked my boys?"

Tiger Lily folded her arms across her chest and glanced down at the seven year old, saying, "Sorry, Kid. I had to get you two alone. That's all." She looked at the pirate, "Didn't expect to ever see you back on this rock."