12. In The Name Of The Brother

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

"Astrid! Hey, wake up!" Snow started as she entered her daughter's bedroom to find an empty bed. She looked around and noticed the teenager sleeping on the floor near the window.

Snow sighed some and moved over to her, kneeling next to her as she laid a hand on Astrid's shoulder lightly; Astrid immediately sat up, two daggers in her hands as she held an aggravated yet sleepy glare on her face, her blonde hair a mess.

Snow laid her hands over her daughter's while taking the daggers out of her hands. "We need to go to the hospital. Hook hurt Belle as his revenge towards Gold. Then Hook was hit by a car-- and now we have an injured outsider in the hospital."

Astrid furrowed her eyebrows while moving her fingers through her hair and then slid her black converse sneakers over her socks on her feet; She didn't bother changing out of her black Adidas leggings and crimson red long sleeve shirt that had the number '78' on the front.

Snow continued to brush down her daughter's bangs as Astrid lightly smacked her hands away. "It's okay, my hair's okay, Mom." Astrid groaned as both of them stood up off of the floor.

Snow smiled at her and nodded, already heading to the door. "You're right, let's go."

"Wait." Astrid commented before strapping her twin swords to her sides and also had her thirteen daggers hidden everywhere on her. She looked up to see her mother giving her a confused look. "What? I never go anywhere without my swords. It's two of my most treasured items."

Along with her necklace and ring that she also always wears and her battle axe.

"Okay." Snow nodded as both of them then headed down the hall and the stairs, soon leaving out of the loft.

Snow entered the driver's side of her station wagon while Astrid entered the front passenger side, the two of them now riding to the hospital quickly.

"These things are so confining. And slow. I don't like it." Astrid pouted slightly, folding her arms across her chest.

"Astrid, you just have to keep an open mind about these cars. I mean, I know it's different than riding a horse, but still." Snow commented in amusement.

"No, it's not just these vehicles. It's... my bed." Astrid argued.

"Your bed? What's wrong with it?" Snow asked, "Why were you sleeping on the floor in your room, by the way?"

"Because it reminds me back in our world. It was rare that I slept on an actual bed; Most nights, I slept on the ground." Astrid answered, "I travelled a lot, so I didn't really have a place of my own for a while..."