42. Kansas

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Peter rushed into the hospital with Astrid beside him, their hands linked; Astrid noticed her sister and Regina standing outside of the room that David and Snow was already inside.

Emma smiled, saying, "Glad you could make it."

"My parents and sister needed me," Astrid replied with a quick rub of her eyes sleepily, "What do you need us to do?"

Regina spoke up, "You and Pan can help Emma and I put up a protection spell around this area of the hospital."

Peter kissed his love on her forehead before he went on one side of the hallway with Regina and began performing the spell.

Astrid stepped beside Emma who looked a bit nervous as Astrid softly smiled, taking her twin's hand in her own which began to glow by their magic being combined. The teenager assured, "You got this, Em."

"We got this, A," Emma corrected her and both began to use their light magic to put up a protection spell in unison.

"You really think this protection spell will be enough to hold her off?" Emma started and glanced behind her and Astrid at Regina and Peter.

Peter spoke up, "It depends if your brand of magic is stronger than hers. If it is, no one wielding dark magic will be able to get in here."

"That doesn't sound like a vote of confidence," Emma replied.

"It isn't," Regina sighed, "But we're out of options." She stepped away from them.

"Swan," Hook spoke up and stepped over to Emma and Astrid, offering a smile, "I heard the little royal was on his way."

Astrid smiled some but frowned in confusion when Emma commented, "I don't think it's a good idea for you to be here right now."

"He can help, though-" Astrid began with Hook nodding in agreement and saying, "It's true."

"If you really want to help, you would have told me when Zelena cursed your lips," Emma replied.

"I had no choice," Hook argued, "She threatened you and your family. I... was trying to help."

"Telling me what was going on would have been help," Emma pointed out.

"And a death sentence for your boy," Hook also pointed out.

"Henry's safety is my concern, not yours," Emma commented, "Which is why I'm taking this fight to Zelena." Hook let out a small sigh. "This ends today. And Astrid can't leave with you, yet, either, because I need her help with Zelena."