48. White Out

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid sat at the counter beside her fiancé and watched her mother put her baby brother down in his crib, the woman saying, "Here you go, Sweetheart. I'll see you in three hours for your midnight shrieking. Yes, I will. Ohh, sweet dreams."

Henry stepped over to Snow and inquired curiously, "What do you suppose babies dream about?"

"Bullfighting-" David started as Emma chimed in, "Laser tag-" and Peter and Astrid saying in unison, "Sword fighting."

Snow placed her hands over her hips and argued defensively, "That's not true."

Henry chuckled, "I think they're joking."

Snow sighed, saying, "Right. I'll recognize funny again when he's three and I've had some sleep."

"Three?" David and Astrid simultaneously repeated, sharing a small look between one another, "I see the optimism returning."

Emma looked over at what her son was doing and noticed the basket he was making and started, "Okay, chocolate, DVDs, ice cream, red wine. That's one heck of a late night snack, Kid."

Henry smiled a little and replied, "It's for my mom."

Emma placed a hand over his shoulder and pointed out lightly, "I don't drink and sheriff."

"My other mom. I googled 'how to get over a breakup'." Henry commented, "It didn't talk about your boyfriend's wife time-traveling back from the past, but close enough."

"That's really sweet," Emma began just as everyone jumped at a loud thud and saw a black crow trying to get into the window.

"Bloody hell-" Astrid started before going over to the window and opened it, the bird climbing onto her hand. "It's a message." She removed the small scroll and let the bird fly out of the window.

Snow looked over her teenager's shoulder and read it slightly, saying, "It's for Henry. It's from your mother."

Astrid handed the scroll over to her nephew as he took it and read it, letting out, "She doesn't want to see me."

Astrid moved over to Peter who immediately wrapped an arm around the small of her back, pulling her closer to him. Henry walk out of the apartment after grabbing his scarf and jacket.

***

Peter, Astrid, and Hook stepped out of the woods and moved over to Emma and David who stood in front of the ice wall near the town line.