36. The Tower

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid tossed and turned in her sleep, the usual nightmares plaguing her mind. She woke up and quickly sat up, her breathing uneven and fast. She glanced over to the side of her bed to find an empty spot next to her. "Peter?"

The said boy looked away from the window and gave a small smile at his love, saying, "Sleep well?"

"Not really," Astrid sighed and stood up from her spot on the bed and moved over to him, Peter immediately taking her into a warm embrace.

"What's on your mind, love?" Peter softly asked.

"Everything," Astrid let out, looking into his green eyes, "This curse, Emma and Henry, being back here, Hook, and so forth..."

"I know, A," Peter murmured, planting a kiss on her forehead before resting his forehead against hers, both closing their eyes.

They pulled apart when they heard two familiar voices approach Astrid's bedroom. Snow started to her husband excitedly, "She's going to love this!"

Astrid sat down in the window seat just as another round of the immense pain washed over her; Peter felt it and sat beside her, taking her hand in his in reassurance. She laid her head on his shoulder and sighed.

David and Snow knocked on her door and stepped into the room, both wearing their robes and holding hands. Snow noticed the grimace Astrid gave for a millisecond and furrowed her eyebrows, asking, "What's wrong, Astrid?"

"It's nothing, just this curse," Astrid murmured and then changed the topic while speaking up after clearing her throat, "What's up with you guys?"

"I'm pregnant," Snow grinned and  looked from her husband to the two teenagers in front of them.

Astrid forced a smile and replied, "That's great, Mom."

"What's wrong?" Snow repeated to her daughter in concern, narrowing her eyes in slight suspicion.

Astrid sighed somewhat and glanced over at Peter who squeezed her hand in his in assurance. She mumbled, "It's just bloody perfect timing-- You just lost Emma and you guys are about to bloody lose me because I have like a week left-"

David stopped his teenage daughter from finishing that sentence and assured, "You are not going to die. We're going to save you."

"You're not gonna let me die in peace, huh?" Astrid meekly replied while standing up with a grunt and carefully moved over to her parents.