HOODIES & GIFTS

Btw instead of the kissing rock in this story it's a wishing well
3 WEEKS LATER
Alison's POV
-HEY SLUT WAKEY WAKEY WE'RE GOING TO PHILLY FOR THE DAY my best friend CeCe says to me as I lay in my bed with a pillow over my face.
I groan to myself before stretching in my bed and standing up.
-GOOD MORNING CHARLOTTE I purposely say knowing she hates her real name.
-EW WHAT ARE YOU WEARING? CeCe questions me staring at the oversized grey Rosewood Sharks hoodie I'm standing in.
-A SHARKS HOODIE I say looking down at my wardrobe then back to my best friend.
-YEAH I SEE THAT CeCe states. WHY ARE YOU WEARING IT? she asks.
-ITS EMI...ITS MINES AND ITS REALLY COMFORTABLE I say instead of telling her who the hoodie actually belongs to.
CeCe tilts her head to the side and starts to stare at me as if she doesn't believe me.
-WHATEVER, I'M GOING FOR A WALK I say leaving CeCe behind.
I refuse to talk about Emily around CeCe because ever since she found out what happened the night before Noel's party she talks down on her and I don't like it.
I take out my phone and quickly stare at the photo of Emily I took on the field trip.

-I MISS YOU I say before putting my phone back in my pocket.
As I walk through the woods of my backyard I start to feel a chill.
I place both hands in the pockets of the warm hoodie that once belonged to Emily and an instant memory comes back to me.
~Flashback~
-EMILY! I yell. PLEASE, PLEASE PUT ME DOWN I scream out as she holds me over top of the wishing well as if she's gonna drop me in.
-SAY YOU'RE SORRY Emily says through laughter.
-I'M SORRY, CAN YOU PUT ME DOWN NOW? I ask after apologizing for drinking the rest of her pumpkin spice latte.
-PUT YOU DOWN? Emily questions. OKAY she quips loosening her grip on me.
-NO, NO, NO! EMILY PUT ME DOWN ON THE GROUND I yell clarifying what I meant.
Emily starts to laugh and puts me down on the leafy ground.
I continuously hit her chest pushing her back causing her to stumble a little.
-YOU COULD'VE DROPPED ME! I scream punching her chest with the sides of my fist.
-I WASN'T GONNA DROP YOU Emily says walking closer to me, taking my hands in hers to stop me from hitting her.
~End Of Flashback~
I'm quickly cut out of my thoughts when I hear a voice in the distance.
Emily's POV
After my party I asked Maya to stay the night and help me open presents.
While opening all the really cool gifts I came across one that caught my eye.
It was wrapped in pink paper with Eiffel Towers all on it.
On the side of the gift hung a little note that read Alison on the inside.
I discreetly roll my eyes and throw the gift on the floor letting it roll under my bed.
This morning as I was searching for my nikes I found the it again.
After finding what I was in search for I put on my jacket and left the house.
While walking through the woods with the gift in my hand my phone starts to ring.
-HEY MAYA I say answering the phone.
-HEY BABE Maya says sounding excited about something.
Since Alison's outing me, Maya and I started dating and I'm really happy.
-I WAS JUST CALLING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I'M ON MY WAY BACK TO ROSEWOOD AND THAT I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU Maya admits making me smile like a baby monkey that just received a banana.
-I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU EITHER I state. BYE MAYA.
-BYE EMILY Maya coos before hanging up the phone.
Now off of the phone I sit down on the big boulder rock across from the wishing well and begin to unravel the wrapping paper.
When I open it my eyes start to water up at the beautiful gift.
It's a snow globe with a mermaid inside, positioned as if she's swimming under water.
There's also a tiny button on the side that makes the water glow a shade of Tropicana Cabana Blue.
Moving my fingers around to shake the globe I feel engravings on the bottom.
When I flip it around there's a note.
She is a mermaid, but approach her with caution. Her mind swims at a depth most would drown in.
-I MISS YOU I say thinking of Alison.
Suddenly there's a noise that makes me turn my head in that direction.
My heart skips three beats once I see who it is.
-I'LL LEAVE, YOU CAN STAY Alison says turning to walk away.
-NO! I say a little too quickly. STAY ITS CONSIDERED AS YOUR BACKYARD ANYWAY.
Alison nods her head and stands beside the wishing well playing with the string.
I then notice that she still has the hoodie I let her wear the day we came here.
~Flashback~
-I WASN'T GONNA DROP YOU I say to the beautiful blonde standing in front of me, walking closer to take her hands in mine.
With her hand in mine I pull her over to the well and tell her to put her ear to the empty pipe next to it.
-RUMOR HAS IT THAT IF YOU WHISPER SOMETHING THROUGH THE PIPE ONLY YOUR SOULMATE CAN HEAR WHATEVER YOU SAID THROUGH THE OTHER PIPE I tell her.
-OF COURSE YOU'LL BE ABLE TO HEAR IT IF THE PIPES ARE CONNECTED EMILY Alison says giving me a "That isn't true" look.
I pick up the piece of metal off of the well and show her that its broken.
-YEAH THAT IS TRUE IF THEY WERE ACTUALLY CONNECTED I say in a matter of fact manner. BUT THIS ONE IS BROKEN I state. NOW PUT YOUR EAR TO THE PIPE, I WANNA TEST THIS OUT.
Alison does as I say, putting her ear the the rusted old pipe.
-I CANT HEAR ANYTHING EM I TOLD YOU THAT WAS A LIE Ali says.
-I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING YET I stare.
After thinking of what to say I finally place my mouth to the pipe and whisper through it.
I watch Alison's face as her eyes double in size.
-DID IT WORK? I ask her.
Alison smiles a little and shakes her head no.
Though I'm a little disappointed that the myth isn't true I catch a glimpse of Alison shivering so I take my hoodie off and wrap it around her before taking her hand and walking back home.
~End Of Flashback~
-I WANT IT BACK I say joking around.
-HUH? Alison questions. YOU..YOU WANT WHAT BACK? she asks.
Why'd she just stutter, she never stutters.
-THE HOODIE I state pointing to the grey piece of clothing hanging loosely on her top half.
-OH Alison quips looking back down at the ground.
-I WAS JOKING I say. THANKS FOR THE GIFT I mumble loud enough so she can hear me.
she stays quiet not making any source of eye contact at all.
I hear an audible gulp come from her telling me that she's about to say something.
-EMILY I'M REALLY SORRY Alison starts. I'M STUPID ALRIGHT? UNLIKE A NORMAL PERSON I RUN AWAY FROM ANYTHING GOOD IN MY LIFE she states. AND IF I FEEL LIKE I'M BEING REJECTED OR HURT IN ANY TYPE OF WAY I PURPOSELY HURT PEOPLE WHOSE DONE NOTHING TO ME.
As I watch the tears stroll down her face I want nothing more than to run over to her, hug her and tell her that it's okay.
But I stand my ground and decide to just listen to her.
-I DONT GET YOU ALISON I frustratingly say. YOU ACT LIKE YOU WANT ME ONE SECOND AND THEN YOU DONT..WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? I WOULD NEVER HURT YOU I tell her.
-I KNOW AND IM SORRY JUST PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME TOO she begs.
I stand up from the rock and walk over to her, holding her in my arms.

-I WONT I say.
We hear a bunch of leaves crumbling so we quickly pull apart to look at the wishing well.
There's two kids there, a girl and a boy testing out the old myth.
After they walk away Alison smiles to herself.
-WHAT ARE YOU SMILING AT? I curiously ask.
-YOU SAID THAT I WAS BEAUTIFUL she says. THE DAY AT THE WISHING WELL.
I begin to blush remembering that she told me that she didn't hear my whisper.
-WELL YOU ARE I state still inches away from her.
We catch each other's eyes and Alison fills the gap between us connecting her lips with mine.
-ALI I'M WITH MAYA I say pulling away from the kiss.
I can see the sadness in her eyes when I said that.
-OH OK UM YEAH Alison says clearly not knowing what to say. GOOD FOR YOU she adds. FRIENDS? she sticks her hand out for me to shake it.
I look down at her hand and ignore it pulling her into another hug.
-FRIENDS I whisper. AND SINCE WE'RE FRIENDS YOU'RE COMING TO MY SLEEPOVER WITH THE GIRLS I say.
Alison pulls away again and rapidly shakes her head.
-NO EMILY THEY HATE ME she says.
-COME I say back.
-I CANT EM THEY'LL NEVER FORGIVE ME FOR WHAT I DID TO YOU Alison whines.
-COME Is all I say again.
Alison looks me in the eyes and lets out a sigh.
-FINE she says. BUT IF THEY KILL ME IN MY SLEEP ITS ON YOU Alison adds.
I laugh and take her hand leading her back to my house so we can go shopping for the sleepover.

Sorry guys I was busy again but I'm back!
What do you think of this chapter?
Emaya or Emison?
I know who's team I'm on.
Btw what do you think Alison means by "please don't leave me too"?
Enjoy 😊
-D