FIRST FIGHT

4 DAYS LATER
Emily's POV
-WHERE'D ALI GO? my sister Ava questions me.
-TO THE BATHROOM WITH ARIN I tell her as we stand in the middle of the food court at the mall. ANYBODY WANT SMOOTHIES? I ask trying to find an excuse to get away.
-I DO Hanna says.
-ME TOO Mona and Ava say.
-GET ME A COFFEE Spencer says.
-WANT ME TO GET YOURS? CeCe questions Hanna, trying to spark a conversation.
-NOPE Hanna quips not making eye contact with her.
They've been acting like this since Hanna found out about CeCe being intersex.
-OK I quip, quickly walking off to the smoothie stand near the bathrooms.
Now over there I check once more to make sure the girls aren't looking.
While looking I feel a pair of hands grab my waist, turning me around and pinning me against the wall.
-I'VE WANTED TO KISS YOU ALL DAY Alison states before linking our lips together.
It's only been a few days so Ali and I haven't told the girls yet.
-EMIL...HOT DAMN Aria says turning the corner, catching us kissing.
-LETS JUST TELL THEM Ali whispers.
-WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN AGAIN? Ava asks while pointing between the two of us.
-FIVE DAYS AGO I say taking Alison's hand in mine.
-ABOUT TIME Hanna mumbles.
I laugh at my best friend as we all actually go to the smoothie stand.
Once everyone is sitting down I grab Arin out of his stroller and walk over to the woman to order everyone's drinks.
-HI THERE CUTIE the sales woman says. IS THIS YOUR BROTHER? she questions.
-NO, MY SON I say kissing Arin's cheek.
-AWW HE'S ADORABLE she adds trying to make him smile as he rubs his eyes. WHAT CAN I GET FOR YOU?
As I'm ordering everything Alison stands up from the table and takes Arin from me, putting him in his stroller and walking off.
-WAIT ONE SECOND I tell the lady. ALI WHERE ARE YOU GOING? I ask but she continues walking. HEY! I say running up to grab her hand.
-HE'S NOT YOUR SON EMILY! Alison yells at me. WHY'D YOU SAY THAT? She questions with tears streaming down her face.
-IM SORRY I apologize. I DIDN'T WANNA SAY HE WAS NO ONE'S I tell her. YOU COULD'VE JUST PULLED ME TO THE SIDE AND TOLD ME NOT TO CALL HIM MY SON.
-THAT'S NOT THE POINT, EMILY Alison says. HE'S MY RESPONSIBILITY OKAY? NOT YOUR'S SO YOU CAN'T JUST GO AROUND TELLING PEOPLE HE'S YOURS.
-ALRIGHT FINE IM SORRY I say to her.
-I CANT DO THIS she mumbles.
-WHAT ARE YOU SAYING RIGHT NOW ALI? I ask her.
-IM SAYING THIS ISN'T GONNA WORK, EMILY she tells me.
-BECAUSE I CALLED HIM MY SON? I ask. IT WAS A ONE TIME THING, I WONT SAY IT AGAIN I mutter.
-NOT JUST BECAUSE OF THAT Alison says. THERE'S OTHER REASONS.
-OH REALLY? WHAT OTHER REASONS ALISON? I question, shifting all of my weight to one foot while crossing my arms. YOU MAKE UP ALL OF THESE EXCUSES AND IM NOT GONNA LET YOU DO IT THIS TIME.
-YOU'RE GOING TO PEPPERDINE IN THE FALL she says.
-SO I'LL STAY AND GO TO SCHOOL HERE I quip.
-NO EMILY she sighs. YOU HAVE A JOB SET UP FOR YOU OUT THERE.
-I'LL GET ONE HERE I say.
-WHAT ABOUT SWIMMING? Ali questions.
-THERE'S TEAMS FOR ME HERE I state not backing down.
-EMILY STOP she says.
-ALISON, NO I say in response.
-MALIBU'S BETTER THAN BEING HERE IN ROSEWOOD AND THERE WILL BE TONS OF PRETTY GIRLS THERE FOR YOU she says still giving excuses.
-IF YOU'RE STAYING SO AM I, AND THE ONLY PRETTY GIRL I WANT IS YOU ALI I tell her.
-IM LEAVING SOON Alison states making me shut up really quickly. I SAVED UP MONEY AND ARIN AND I ARE LEAVING, SO JUST GO TO MALIBU she says before walking around me and leaving the mall.
I rake my hand through my hair and sigh in frustration before going back out with the girls and Ava.
-WHERE'D SHE GO? Mona questions.
-SHE WENT HOME I tell them.
-I'LL CALL HER CeCe says.
-NO I say. GIVE HER TIME.
_________________________
3 HOURS LATER
Alison's POV
Arin and I stayed at Emily's last night so I'm back at her house gathering our things.
While doing that I begin to realize how wrong I was.
I stop packing and decide to wait for her so we can talk things out.
Looking over at Arin I see that he has food all over his mouth.
-LETS GET THE MESSY BABY WASHED I say in a baby voice as I lift him out of his stroller.
Now clean I dry both myself and Arin off.
-YOU'RE ALL CLEAN I say to him before blowing on his tummy making him laugh.
As I gather his clothes together I look back at him and laugh at his position.
He's lying there with one arm behind his head while waiting for me.