FILE SWITCH

TWO WEEKS LATER
Ava's POV
-C'MON LETS SIT DOWN I say to my nephew after running around the house playing capture the monster.
-MOMMY Arin whines.
-MOMMY'S UPSTAIRS BABY I tell him. SHE'S SLEEPING I add.
-ME MOMMY he cries.
-SHHH NO DON'T CRY I say picking him up in my arms.
Suddenly my phone screen lights up showing off a picture of Emily and me.

(My Manip is 🔥Killabish )-MOMMY Arin smiles pointing to Emily on the phone

-MOMMY Arin smiles pointing to Emily on the phone.
After hearing him say that I decide to call my sister.
The phone rings at least four times before the machine picks it up.
I sigh and hang up before taking Arin upstairs with me.
Now upstairs I start walking towards Emily's room but I stop once I see Alison crouching over the toilet throwing up.
-ARE YOU SICK? I ask as I walk in the bathroom.
-I DON'T KNOW Alison groans before leaning down to puke again. I THINK I ATE SOMETHING BAD.
-UH OH MOMMY Arin says patting his mothers back.
-MAYBE YOU JUST NEED TO EAT I say. MOMS DOING SEAFOOD SUNDAY TONIGHT, THAT'S WHY IM HERE I chuckle.
-NO she quips. I TRIED TO EAT HER SEAFOOD EARLIER AND JUST ENDED UP GETTING SICK Alison mumbles.
She then stands up and runs the water into a cup to rinse her mouth out.
-YOU STILL NEED ME TO BABYSIT TODAY? I ask.
-NO IM NOT GOING TO CLASS TODAY she states. I REALLY DON'T FEEL GOOD AND I JUST WANNA SLEEP.
-OKAY WELL YOU STILL SHOULD EAT SOMETHING FIRST SINCE YOU HAVEN'T EATEN ALL DAY I tell her. I'LL MAKE YOU SOMETHING I add.
Alison then shakes her head and stares at me.
-WHAT'S WRONG? I confusingly question.
-NOTHING, YOU'RE JUST A LOT LIKE EMILY Alison informs me before picking Arin up and walking downstairs.
Following her downstairs I go to the kitchen to gather stuff from the fridge.
-HOW'S CHICKEN NUGGETS? I ask seeing that there's nothing here to eat. MOM NEEDS TO GO SHOPPING.
-CHICKEN NUGGETS ARE FINE Alison says. IM STARVING.
I laugh and place the nuggets in some oil to cook them.
-HAS EMILY CALLED? I carefully question being sure not to upset her.
She and Arin has been staying here because she didn't want to be reminded of Emily after calling her and a girl named Amy answering the phone.
She even went as far as redecorating Emily's old room.
-NO Alison mumbles.
-HAVE YOU TRIED CALLING HER? I ask.
-AVA DON'T YOU THINK I'VE TRIED? she snaps out of nowhere. I'VE CALLED HER EVERYDAY UNTIL AMY ANSWERED INSTEAD OF EMILY.
-I JUST THINK THAT...
*Vzzzt Vzzzt Vzzzzzt*
As I sit having a conversation with Alison I hear my phone vibrating on the counter top.
-HELLO? I ask.
-MISS FIELDS the man says. THIS IS DOCTOR GRANBERY AND I WOULD REALLY LIKE FOR YOU, EMILY AND ALISON TO COME INTO MY OFFICE FOR A TALK he adds.
-OKAY I quip. WHEN?
-IM FREE RIGHT NOW he admits.
-ALRIGHT WE'LL SEE YOU TODAY I tell him.
After hanging up Alison looks over to me.
-WHERE ARE WE GOING? she questions.
-TO DOCTOR GRANDBERY'S OFFICE I state. HE WANTS TO TALK FOR SOME REASON SO GET DRESSED.
Alison's POV
-TO DOCTOR GRANDBERY'S OFFICE Ava states. HE WANTS TO TALK FOR SOME REASON SO GET DRESSED she adds as she walks upstairs.
-I GUESS WE GOTTA GO BUD I say messing up Arin's hair with my hand.
Both Arin and I eat the chicken nuggets Ava made for us before going upstairs as well.
...
-IS EMILY FIELDS HERE TOO? a nurse questions as we wait in the room for the doctor. WE COULDN'T GET A HOLD OF HER.
-SHE MOVED I inform them. SO, NO SHE WONT BE JOINING US TODAY.
Doctor Granbery then walks in and sits down.
-SO WE FIRST WOULD LIKE TO START BY SAYING HOW EXTREMELY SORRY WE ARE he starts.
-SORRY FOR WHAT? Ava questions him, taking the words right out of my mouth.
-JUST KNOW THAT WE WILL BE GRANTING BOTH OF YOU AND EMILY MONEY SO THERE WOULD BE NO COURTS INVOLVED the other woman in the room says.
-OKAY, WE'RE REALLY CONFUSED AND WE'D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU JUST TOLD US WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT I tell them all.
They all glance at each other before the others leave out the room.
-THE DAY OF YOUR SURGERIES ONE OF OUR RECEPTIONIST ACCIDENTALLY SWITCHED THE FILES Doctor Granbery informs us.
SO INSTEAD OF AVA GETTING THE EGG RETRIEVAL, ALISON YOU GOT IT WHILE AVA JUST GOT THE SURGERY YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO GET he adds. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW SORRY WE ARE.
-WAIT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Ava questions as I sit there In shock. SO IM NOT PREGNANT AND INSTEAD...
-I AM I lowly say with the loudest gulp ever. THAT'S WHY I'CE BEEN SICK I add while staring at nothing in particular.

 THAT'S WHY I'CE BEEN SICK I add while staring at nothing in particular

Looking over at Ava I see her trying to hold back her tears.

-IM SO SORRY AVA I say turning to face her.
-HOW DOES ONE ACCIDENTALLY SWITCH FILES? Ava snaps.
-IM NOT SURE the doctor says. BUT WE ASSURE YOU THAT SHE IS DONE HERE AT ROSEWOOD HOSPITAL.
Ava then gets up and runs out into the hall only to slide down the wall, balling herself up.
-THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY BABY she cries.
-I KNOW I quip while hugging her. I CAN HAVE THE BABY AND YOU COULD ADOPT I suggest.
-I CANT DO THAT ALISON Ava whimpers. THAT'S YOURS AND EMILY'S BABY.
-YEAH BUT IT WAS PLANNED TO BE YOURS I tell her. IM ONLY NINETEEN AND I ALREADY HAVE ONE KID I add in.
-JUST KEEP IT Ava says before getting up and walking out of the hospital.
I sigh and stand back up.
Now turned back in the direction of the room door I see Arin peeking his head out of doorway.
I smile at him before nervously looking down at my stomach and gently rubbing it.
Doctor Granbery then suggests that I stay a while for tests and prescriptions for prenatal vitamins.
During my first ultrasound the doctor lets me know that I'm only a month pregnant.
-CONGRATULATIONS MISS DILAURENTIS Granbery quips as I wipe the jelly off of my stomach and stand up. AND CONGRATULATIONS LITTLE GUY YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BABY BROTHER OR SISTER.
I put on a fake smile before going back out to my car.
I'm pregnant again.
Emily's POV
Lying in my hotel room I pick up my phone and unlock it.
I then find myself staring at Alison's contact thinking of whether to call her or not.
She hasn't called in two weeks.
The last voicemail I received from her was her yelling at me about coming home and being selfish.
Lately I've been listening to the voicemails just to hear her voice.
Yes leaving was the best choice because I'm clearly dangerous but I do miss my family.
Especially Alison.
I wish that none of this would've never happened in the first place.
I hate myself for hurting her.
Staring at the ceiling I start to cry knowing that I can never go back.
I turn to my side while crying before turning off the lamp and going to sleep.

Alison's Pregnant 🤰🏼
Ava's not 😭
Who's Amy?
Enjoy 😊
-D