THE BEST YOU HAD

3 WEEKS LATER
Alison's POV
My mind begins to wander and everything starts to hit me hard as I watch Emily with Talia.
Tonight's prom night and everyone one of the girls have dates except for me.
-WHY DON'T YOU JUST TELL HER BEFORE ITS TOO LATE my best friend says to me as we all get our makeup done at the mall.
Talia and Mona are in the chair right now so the rest of us are waiting.
-NOT RIGHT NOW CEE I say to her.
-SERIOUSLY ALI, SHE'S GOING TO MALIBU THIS YEAR FOR CHRIST SAKES JUST TELL HER BEFORE YOUR CHANCE IS UP CeCe says.
-CECE DON'T YOU THINK YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU AND HANNA, INSTEAD OF WHAT'S NOT GOING ON BETWEEN EMILY AND I? I snap at her.
-AT LEAST I HAVE A REASON TO NOT WANNA TALK TO HER ABOUT THINGS she says pointing down at her crotch area. YOU'RE JUST BEING A LITTLE BITCH AND MAKING UP EXCUSES FOR WHY YOU CAN'T SAY I LOVE YOU.
-ITS NOT THAT EASY I hiss back at her. AND I DO HAVE A REASON, I CARRIED HIM FOR SIX MONTHS IF YOU NEED ME TO JOG YOUR MEMORY I add.
-OH BULLSHIT ALI, EMILY LOVES THAT KID SO DON'T USE HIM AS AN EXCUSE CeCe mutters. JUST TELL HER.
-ALI YOU'RE UP! Emily yells waving me over.
I look at CeCe hoping she'll drop the situation before going over to sit in the seat.
As I'm getting my makeup done I start to think of all of the reasons why Emily and I won't work.
In fact a huge reason is distance.
She's going to Pepperdine University in Malibu at the end of the summer and with the money I saved up for a car when I was younger plus my first couple of paychecks I have enough to pack me and Arin's things and leave this town.
I still haven't told Emily or The girls.
I wonder how they'll take it.
After sitting in the chair for about 45 minutes the woman finally adds her finishing touches.
-YOU'RE DONE she says turning the chair around so I can see myself in the mirror.
-YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL, ALI Emily says earning a look from Talia.
-THANKS, EM I quip standing up to allow the next person to go.
Once we're all done we all head to our own homes to get ready.
As my mom curls my hair she looks down on my dresser to see my phone buzzing.
-EMILY'S CALLING YOU she says handing me the phone to answer it. I'LL GIVE YOU A MINUTE she says turning the wand curlers off and walking out.
-HEY, EM I say.
-HEY I JUST WANTED TO CHECK AND SEE IF EVERYTHING WAS GOING GREAT FOR MY FAVORITE GIRL Emily says.
-YEAH, EVERYTHING'S PEACHY I say with a laugh.
-GREAT SEE YOU TONIGHT Emily tells me.
-TONIGHT I say. BYE
-WAIT ALI, I'LL SAVE A DANCE FOR YOU Emily adds before hanging up.
While blushing, I hang up the phone as well before calling my mom back in.
-YOU LOVE HER DON'T YOU? my mother questions me.
-YEAH, MOM I DO I say smiling to myself in the mirror.
Emily's POV
Now at prom dancing around with the girls and Talia I begin to get thirsty.
-DRINKS? I ask the girls.
-YES PLEASE IM PARCHED Spencer says.
-YEAH ME TOO Aria, and Mona say.
-HANNA HELP ME WITH DRINKS I tell her.
We go over to the drinks table and start to pour cups until the door at the top of the stairs open, revealing Alison.

For a moment I start to accidentally pour juice on the floor instead of in the cup until Hanna stops me.
We both stare at each other before looking back up at Alison.

-DAMN Hanna quips. SHE LOOKS HOT.
-YEAH I KNOW I lowly say causing Hanna to look at me. I.. I DIDN'T MEAN TO SAY THAT I stutter. YOU MADE ME SAY IT.
-I DIDN'T MAKE YOU SAY ANYTHING EM Hanna laughs.
-SHUT UP I quip making her laugh even more.
Alison turns to look at me with a slight smile on her face before walking down the stairs.

she winks at me and walks right by me going over to the girls.
-YOU CAN CLOSE YOUR MOUTH NOW EM Hanna says to me as my mouth slightly hangs ajar.

-AGAIN HANNA SHUT UP I say making her laugh again and walk away with Her date Andrew Campbell

I decide to wait a while before talking to her, so instead I walk over to Talia for a dance.
Alison's POV (again)
While dancing with Alex Santiago who is really sweet, I turn my attention to Emily and Talia.
-YOU WANNA DANCE WITH HER DON'T YOU? Alex questions me. ITS OKAY IF YOU DO he adds.
-NO IM FINE DANCING WITH YOU I tell him with a smile plastered across my face.
-CAN I ASK SOMETHING? He asks.
-YEAH I say.
-IF YOU SAY THAT YOU'RE HAPPY FOR EMILY THEN WHY DO YOU ALWAYS LOOK SO SAD WHEN SHE'S AROUND TALIA? Alex questions me.
-I DON'T KNOW I GUESS I DIDN'T EXPECT HER TO MOVE ON SO FAST I admit. YEAH I KNOW IT'S SELFISH.
-NO, ITS NOT Alex says. OUR DANCE IS OVER, GO DANCE WITH YOUR GIRL.
-THANKS ALEX I say hugging him.
Once the music stops I see Emily tell something to Talia, causing her to look over at me with a glare.
Emily then begins to walk over to me with a smile on her face.
-MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE? she asks while holding her hand out.
-YOU MAY I say in an English accent before taking her hand.
Now on the dance floor Emily puts her hand on the small of my back making me jump a little in her arms.
-YOU OKAY? Emily questions.
-YEAH I say.
As the music plays I lie my head on her shoulder as we sway side to side.
-YOU LOOK AMAZING TONIGHT I say to her.
-YEAH, WELL YOU TOPPED EVERYONE IN HERE Emily says.
-YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SAVE A DANCE FOR ME, EM I tell her. YOU COULD'VE KEPT DANCING WITH TALIA.
-I WANTED TO she confesses.
I lift my head up to look at her and fall deep into her soft brown eyes.
I love you, I think to myself.
Looking back at Emily I notice that she's staring at me as if she's waiting for something.
-THANKS I say flashing a small smile at her before lying my head back on her shoulder, letting her hold me for a few minutes more.
After the music comes to a stop Emily unravels her arms from around me and gently pulls herself away before rolling her eyes at me and walking away.
-WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT? CeCe questions me as we both watch Emily walk away from me and over to the others.
-IM NOT SURE I say.
The prom soon comes to a stop at one o'clock in the morning and everyone starts to head home.
I grab my belongings and follow behind the girls and their dates as they all walk out to their cars.
Through the crowd I spot Emily so I decide to question her about what happened earlier tonight.
-EM! I yell out to her right before she enters her car.
Assuming she heard me she turns to see who's calling her, only to glare and get in her car with Talia once she sees that the person calling out to her was me.
I furrow my eyebrows and stand there patiently waiting for the valet to come with my car.
Now home I make sure Arin's sleeping before hopping in the shower to recap tonight's events.

Is Emily mad at Alison?
Maybe
Why though? 🤔
Is CeCe right?
Let me know...
Enjoy 😊
-D