Chapter 6.

:Picture of Danaya:

Chapter 6: Failure........again.

Alexandra sat at her usual table in the cafeteria, the incessant chatter of her friends and people around her filling the air, but her mind was completely elsewhere.

"What's the matter with you?!". Danaya asked, addressing Alexandra, she's been zoning out all day, not even concentrating on her lessons, not that she needed to, She was probably already ahead of the class anyway, Alexandra was smart, with her 4.8 GPA, but a trouble maker as well.

"Huh? I'm sorry, what?". Alexandra said, Danaya's voice pulling her out of her reverie.

"You're zoning out a lot today, what's up?". Danaya questioned, a crease forming between her eyebrows.

"Ah, nothing". Alexandra replied, waving her hand dismissively, before Danaya could inquire further, Blake butted in.

"Are you going to eat those fries?". He asked, eyeing her tray, She pushed it towards him, not having much of an appetite.

She was thinking about their another failed attempt at crossing the border last night. Blake had laughed at her all the way back home until his face had turned blue from the lack of oxygen. However, he refused to talk about any of last night's events, because he knew they'll be going back there sooner rather than later.

Before they could go even a step further than the gate, someone had started heading towards the cabin near the border from the other side and they were left with no choice but to run away or they would've been in the dungeons right now.

They weren't sure if the other person had seen them or not, although the person had almost reached the gate, when Alexandra had sensed some movement towards her right.

But that wasn't what had been on her mind all day, it wasn't the first time that they had to come back empty handed, although they had never gotten as close as they had last night, they almost crossed it. However, it was that figure that had been heading towards the cabin that had overtook her thoughts, because it had been awfully familiar to Alexandra, She was sure she knew him. Yes him, although they couldn't see his face or anything in the dark, but they could make out a male silhouette, because of the broad shoulders and tall height. A very familiar one.

"Oh, my God! You're pissing me off now". Danaya exclaimed angrily, clearly annoyed by her friend's lack of attention.

Once again Alexandra's train of thoughts was cut short by Danaya's anger filled statement.

"I'm sorry, what?". Alexandra said, forcing her thoughts to the back of her mind.

Danaya stayed silent, not saying a word and just kept glaring daggers at her friend.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again, I swear". Alexandra said, when Danaya didn't say anything for a few seconds. "So, what's up?". She asked.

"It's Friday!". Blake exclaimed joyously, with a wolfish grin on his face.

"And?". Alexandra said with a bored look on her face.

"And that there is a party tonight and we all are going!". Danaya said, her expression mirroring Blake's.

"You mean, you and Blake are going?". Alexandra said.

"No, we all are going. Aiden's hosting it, so Julia is already going be there, you don't have a choice". Danaya said, with a tight lipped smile.

"Oh, really?". Alexandra said, raising a perfectly plucked eyebrow.

"I mean, you have a choice, but I really want you to go with us. It's been so long since we last hung out together". Danaya said, quickly mending her statement.

"Fine". Alexandra huffed and snatched her tray back from Blake, which was half empty now.

She just hoped, She wouldn't bump into him.

°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°
Authors Note.

Here is another chapter. Hope you guys enjoy it. Don't forget to vote and comment because that really helps and don't forget to check out the prologue of "The Blacks (Book 2) and leave your feedback.

Till next time.........

Romaisa Choudhry.