Chapter 31.

:Ace:

Chapter 31: 'Lovey-dovey'

(1:59 AM).

He walked through the dark woods, taking in his surroundings making sure no one was around as soon as he reached the forbidden wall, looking out for the patrolling guards he stepped on the other side of the gate when he found none around for they were scheduled to do the late night patrols today, crossing the border before closing the gate and continuing his voyage towards the Illusion pack's packhouse to meet Alpha Monteiro.

As he walked at a steady pace, thinking about all the events that took place in the last few days, the wind howled making the trees dance along to it's tunes, the stars bright on the canvas of the ink black sky, the full moon bestowing it's white glow all around, making the animal in him claw to come out and howl at it, he was so lost in his thoughts that he failed to noticed the figure emerging from the shadows, failed to notice his menacing scent, failed to notice the betraying sound of his footfalls.

"Well, well, well if it isn't the King!". Ace drawled out mockingly, his blue orbs colliding with the darkened ones of the twenty year old in front of him. As usual dressed in black from head to toe, his dark raven hair hidden underneath the hood of his sweatshirt besides the few rogue strands falling across his forehead.

"Why are you here? What do you want?!" He asked, without preamble gritting his teeth in the intense anger that flowed through his being at the sight of him.

"What's the hurry, little brother? You'll know everything sooner rather than later, I don't like stalling anyway". Ace replied, his lips tilted up in his signature menacing smirk.

"I'm no brother of yours and stay away from Alexandra". He spat the warning at him, his eyes glowed showing clear signs of bloodlust.

"Ouch! Little brother, that one hurt right here". Ace mocked, pointing at the left side of his chest. "And you can't keep me away from what's already mine". He added, lazily the smirk still intact on his full lips, his eyes mocking him daring him to make a move.

"I'll fucking kill you". He growled, shoving him against the tree with the chocking grip he had around his neck, his claws extended digging into the sides of Ace's neck, who laughed mockingly at his threat, as his statement had the desired effect on him.

"Your father did once, remember? But look, here I am standing right in front of you". He said, making no move to push him away or losining his grip around his neck, even giving him a winning smile. "And where is he?". He added looking straight into his eyes and when he didn't get a response he laughed, coughing a little bit as the grip tightened even more around his neck. "That's right, probably rolling in his grave still crying over his fate". Ace said mockingly, as he saw a strange emotion pass through the angered orbs trained on him, answering his own question, his words cracking due to the lack of air in his lungs.

He loosened his grip from around Ace's neck when he saw his blood now dripping down his fingers and took a step back, keeping his eyes on him taking in his every movement as he stood there against the tree taking large gulps of air, the torn skin on the side of his neck patching up insanely fast. He cleared his throat before speaking eeriely calm, the coldness present in his tone could've given goosebumps to one's soul even.

"Stay away from her and if I see you around her again after this, I'll make sure to complete the task unlike my father". He said, his face a mask of cold eerie like calmness hiding the storm brewing inside his being, hiding away the urge to kill this mutt and finish it all but he knew he couldn't do it not yet, not until he gave him a reason, his sister's life was at stake he couldn't take any risks.