Fred*Valentines Day

A/N: Sorry its a day late

Being friends with the Weasley twins was a challenge. in the beginning, I was the subject of most of their pranks. It was hell.

One day I struck back, however. We ended up having a massive prank war and it's a surprise that Hogwarts is still standing. Ever since they haven't pranked me. Instead, they try to rope me into their pranks.

It was the night before valentines day and I was sleeping in my dorm. I was slightly upset as it was valentines day tomorrow. It may be a kind of stupid holiday but that doesn't mean I didn't want to be asked out. Well, I had been asked out by some 2nd year Hufflepuff but that's not what I mean. I wanted Fred to ask me out. Call me cliché, I know, falling in love with your best friend but I can't help it.

Something about him is just...perfect. Well at least to me. Only my dormmates now of my crush. We had gotten close to after staying in the same room for 5 years.

I was rudely awoken by someone shaking me. "(Y/N), (Y/N), get up!" I heard the harsh whispers of Fred.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "What the hell do you want?" I wasn't going to question how he even got into the dorm room.

"I need your help." He grinned.

"Oh no." I lay back defeated. "This cant be good."

"Come on (Y/N/N). help a guy out. We need a good prank on all the couples. We cant let Hogwarts get boring now, can we?" I flipped him off but got out of bed anyway. "Sleeping beauty awakens."

"Come on before you wake the dorm." I fling a pillow at him before grabbing my wand and a jumper. Once I look back at Fred I notice his grin hasn't wavered. "What?"

"And where did you get that jumper?" I looked down and noticed it was one of the Weasley Christmas jumpers. Freds to be precise. I blushed, thinking back to when I stole it. It had been around Christmas and he and George were trying to prank a mister, Ronald Weasley.

The plan was to apparently wait for him to walk into the yard and let a bucket of wizarding slime onto him. I had been talking to Harry, hearing to the yard to meet the twins and they had seen Harry and assumed he was talking to Ron. The slime was cold and sticky as hell.

Let's just say after ten minutes of me yelling at the twins and threatening to hex them I apologized. I was cold as hell and my shirt was ruined so I made Fred give me his jumper. I went into a broom closet and changed my shirt and I guess I never gave it back.

I didn't know what to say apart from. "Its mine now." And I began walking out the door. Fred chuckled and followed me. Then I stopped. "You're meant to be the one leading."

I have absolutely no idea where Fred is taking me. We've almost been caught twice but each time peeves shows up and bails us out. It's strange. I think Fred might have talked to him beforehand but I can't be sure.

I don't even know the prank was doing. Every time I ask Fred he tells me to 'sh and wait'.

"Fred, seriously where are we going?"

"Wait," Fred held his arm out to stop me. He began walking in front of the wall, back and forth, 3 times. Suddenly a door began to form.

"What the hell?..." I question, trailing off until I realise, "This is the room of requirement?!" I say, a bit too loud.

"Shh!" We hear someone rushing along the corridor. "Filch." Fred grabs my hand and drags me into the room of requirement. He held a finger up to his lips as the footsteps got louder. He hadn't moved back however so he was essentially pressing me against the door.

As filch walked away, muttering something probably, Fred stepped back and I was slightly disappointed by the lack of contact. "What are we doing here?"

"Have a look." Fred stepped out of the way to let me see the whole room.

There was a plush sofa in front of a fireplace, a table filled with snacks and drinks, a muggle projector (I'm a half-blood btw), and a large window. I walk closer to see that it faces out to see the whole of Hogwarts in the moonlight. "Wait, how is that the view?" I ask confused.

"Because that's what you want. The room moulds to fit your desires." Fred stands behind me. "look above the sofa."

I move and do as he says. There above the sofa is what looks like a large hole in the ceiling revealing the night sky above Hogwarts. "But were on the third floor?" I mutter, walking to stand directly under it.

"It's almost like magic?" Fred teased. I gave him a small glare.

I looked over the full room again. "Wait? I thought this was meant to be a prank?"

Fred went as red as his hair and rubbed the back of his neck. "That might have been a tiny fib." I cross my arms and raise my eyebrow. "Its kind of meant to be a date."

Disappointment fills me but I try to keep it out my voice. "Oh, with who?" Probably, Angelina, I thought.

"You. I fancy you (Y/N) and I figured since it-" He looked at his watch, making me glance at my own. "Now officially Valentine's day you cant say no." he tried to be confident but I could see he wasn't.

"It didn't need to be valentines day for my answer to be yes."

"What?"

"I fancy you too. Now let me at that snack table." As I went to go to the table Fred grabbed my hand and spun me around, into him.

"Nuh, uh." Before I could question him his lips connected to mine. Sure it wasn't my first kiss but it was the best. I had to stand on my tip toes and steadying myself by holding onto his shoulders. When I pulled back he tried to follow me and pecked my lips again.

"Eventually!" Peeves cried as he seemed to appear out of nowhere. Fred and I both jumped. "You owe me Freddy boy. I had to save your butts from Filch 3 times!"

I glance at Peeves then back at Fred, "Did you get Peeves in on this?"

"Yup. Who do you think got the projecter?"

"I figured we could watch they muggle video things you talk about. Movies or something like that" I laughed at his obliviousness to the muggle world.

"Sure." We sat down but peeves didn't leave straight away. He began throwing heart confetti and being a general pest for 10 or so minutes.

Eventually, Neatly headless Nick floated through the wall and threatened to get the bloody barren. Nick said something about young love that neither Fred or I really understood then got the hint and left.

We watched movies all night and fell asleep on the couch looking out into the stars. The next day we didn't wake up till lunch and no one could find us meaning we missed potions and transfigurations leading to a triple detention each. We didn't care though but next year we'd try and do something during the day.