Remus*Piggyback PT2

Remus was besides himself. After hearing Minnie's words he stormed out the room, Siruis quick on his tail. McGonagall grabbed Harry's arm to stop him following. "Sit mr Potter." McGonagall took a seat at the end of the table. She lent her head on her hand and rubbed her eyes. Her hand was wet when she pulled it away. "Have a biscuit Potter." McGonagall summoned up a plate of biscuits and tea.

Harry picked one up and toyed with it for a moment, turning it in his hand. "Are these the kind you gave my dad?"

"No," she shook her head "I refused to give him a biscuit. Well directly. I used to bake you know. I stopped for a while but when (Y/N) was growing up she wanted to learn so I started again. I kept them in this tin she decorated as a child." McGonagall smiled lightly at the memory. "I baked at Christmas back then. I would always give her new baking stuff. We would take a day off and go to my cottage if she stayed at Hogwarts. We'd bake everything; cookies, buns, brownies, though I think she may have added stuff to them." Harry nodded along as she spoke. He suddenly felt alot more intresting in this girl. "I haven't baked since she died. It didn't feel right."

McGonagall stared off into space, chewing on her biscuit. Suddenly she snapped out of it and looked at Harry. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't of-"

"It's fine. Really." Harry smiled, taking a bite of his biscuit. "Thanks for the biscuit."

The house felt silent despite the noise. Fred and George were creating something new, Ginny and Ron were playing exploding snaps and Molly was trying to stop the portrait in the hall from screaming. "Will that thing not shut up?" McGonagall shook her head and Harry was surprised at her outburt. "Seriously."

McGonagall's chair scrapped back and she hastily walked into the hall, Harry on her heels. "Filthy mudblood!" The portrait screamed. Molly was trying to close the curtains but it wasn't going well. McGonagall raised her wand but froze. "Filthy werewolf lover!"

McGonagall flung back the curtains. "Who?" She asked the portrait who only continued to speak about a mudblood. "WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?"

"Filthy werewolf lover! Breaking into the house of Black!" Remus and Siruis had been coming down the stairs when they saw the scene. McGonagall trying to talk to a painting and Molly trying to hold her back. But Remus's stomach fell through his feet as he heard it spew werewolf lover.

Harry looked to his uncles who ignored him. Remus kept looking at the painting. "She's here." You could barely hear him over the yells. "She's here!" He repeated again, sprinting into action.

Remus ran past Molly, McGonagall and Harry to the front door, flinging it open. He looked and saw no one but looked down and felt ill. On the door step was (Y/N)'s order of Merlin 1st class for her death in the war. No one knows what happened on that mission.

She was meant to be staking out a death eaters house. A simple task with not much risk. However they think their was a meeting their as a her owl was found violent thrashing outside of Hogwarts the next day. '14 Hollyroad. Voldemort. Meeting. James. Longbottoms. Goodbye. Love you.'

They didn't figure out the message quick enough and James died the next day. Dumbledore suggested it was a meeting with Voldemort and his followers at 14 Hollyroad where she over heard them talking about the Potters. However they did get to the Longbottoms in time and was the reason they survived.

But her medal had been tampered with. The green ribon which was supposed to be attatched to it had been cut off. In place was a bright red ribbion. Remus picked up the medal which was warm, as though someones hands had heated it up and was only recently placed.

He shut the door and turned to the other wizards. He held it up by the ribbon. "It should be green." Siruis mumbled. "First class is green, Second purple, third white. What the hell?"

"Its a signal." McGonagalls voice remand strong unlike her face which was begining to contourt. "White was safe, yellow happy, blue sad, black not ok." She tore her eyes away from the medal. "It was so I knew how she was doing. When she was, you know..." She glanced at Harry who vaugley knew what she meant.

"And red? What did red mean?" Remus demanded though he looked unsure.

McGonagall looked at her feet for a moment, the carpet seeming so much more intresting. "Red was scared or hidding. She used it when she wanted alone time."

"She's had alone time for 14 years."

It was Harry who spoke this time. "Maybe it means she's alive. Maybe she didn't die."

Siruis shook his head. "Why wouldn't she find us."

Harry walked to the front door. "Maybe thats not what she wants." He turned to the grown ups. "Maybe it means dont find me. She wants to stay hidden.

"What about the ring?" Minnie jumped in. "Why would she..?"

Harry looked around for a moment, trying to think. "To get you out the cottage." He mumbled. "She was luring you away."

"We've got to go." Remus spoke urgently "If it is true she might be-"

"No!" Harry interupted him. "It could be a trap. A death eater playing a trip." Harry's words fell on deaf ears as Minnie and Remus ran towards the fire place.

"Harry stay here. You might be on to something." Siruis ran off after finishing his warning.

Molly turned to Harry. "Don't even think about it." He was already gone.

On the table in McGonagall's kitchen sat the tin (Y/N) had made as a child. But for the first time in 14 years it had biscuits in it, and they were still warm.