Fred*Afterlife

A/N: There will be some questions at the end about this book so please answer so I know what you want. Thanks :)

People were trickling in here one by one. Occasionally we'd have a bigger burst of them. The only job up here was too great them.

Sure, people die all the time but there are different sectors they send the newbies too. You can travel through the sectors but the older the sector the fewer visitors. They try to put you in a sector with people you mention in your paperwork.

Because of the number of people and sectors work was normally slow but I still preferred this job. I'm always meeting new people as a greeter.

Our sector is separated from the muggles and only squibs can visit with special passes. This meant when tragedies happened, we had less inflow than the muggle areas. Tsunami's and other natural disasters cause a spike in numbers. The world wars must've really screwed the muggle sectors over.

Recently though we'd been hit hard. The wizarding war was going on. Voldemort was a prick and now he's making the job harder. Every time there was a battle it was even worse. Luckily processing alerts, us when their queues getting long. Man, I'd hate that job.

The red light started flashing meaning we had a rush come in. the rushes normally lasted a couple days because of the paperwork and formalities. Someone told me it was a battle at Hogwarts or something like that. Everyone was scared and confused.

To get from processing to greetings they have to go through something like the floo network where they show at a random greeter in the sector, they've been placed in. I only had one more before a break. Thank merlin.

I sat in my swivel chair with my feet on my admittedly too messy desk when the fireplace lit up blew and suddenly there was Ia tall ginger standing in my office, gawking at everything. I kinda stared at him for a few seconds till he noticed me. Before he could say anything, I stood up "I'm (Y/N) and you are," I held my hand up and his file materialised in my hand. He jumped, "Fred Weasley?" He nodded, "Perfect. Have a seat,"

"What is this place?" he asked as he took a seat at my desk.

Dropping his file onto my desk, I sat down, "They didn't explain it to you?" I asked as I opened my computer. Thank merlin for computers. If I had to handwrite this id go insane.

"Well kind of but they were pretty um busy," he looked down.

I nodded, glancing at the cause of death on his file, "Hogwarts?" I asked and he nodded, "Okay so basically you're dead. Standard questions include, where am I? who are you? Can I go back? And what about my family? So basically, you're in the afterlife. I'm (Y/N), I'll be your greeter. My job is to make sure you understand, and things run smoothly. You'll have a meeting with me about every two weeks for the first few months. No, you can't go back. I'm not death, I don't make the rules. And finally, any dead family members you can travel around the afterlife to meet and you can watch over the alive ones if you choose," I said. His mouth was partly open, and he was just staring at me, "Simple really," I said.

I turned to my computer since his e-file had shown up. "How do I know if my families alive?"

"I can look it up," I mumbled as I filled some basic stuff in, "but we need to do some stuff first." I went through a list of standard questions and organised everything. "Okay so we do give you a job assignment at first but that's just to keep your mind off...other things? Either way, you do that, but you can quit after a month and then you can work or not. It's whatever really. you'll be assigned a house or flat. You only get to move if you're family size increases or you follow the standard moving system. The computers just generating your accommodation and you'll get your job assignment some point this week. Understand?" Fred slowly nodded. "You'll get used to it. Any questions?"