Hermione*Dormmates

Hogwarts not only sorted you into houses but also dorms when you were just 11. If there was a big problem in the dorms, then you could get it changed but that rarely happened. When I was sorted into Gryffindor, I was also put into a dorm with 3 other girls and Hermione.

At first, she seemed a bit pompous and stuck up but on that first night when everyone was asleep id woke up to use the bathroom when I noticed a figure sitting at the window. Rubbing my eyes, adjusting to the darkness, I walked over. "Hermione? Why are you still up?"

Hermione was sitting on the sofa in front of the window, staring out of it. She didn't look at me when I spoke, instead, she was looking down into her lap. "I couldn't sleep." She mumbled.

Glancing at the door, still needing the toilet, I decided to hold it. I sat down on the sofa and faced her, "How come?"

Hermione swallowed and her eyes darted across the room. When she'd come into the dorm she was opinionated and determined with an air of confidence, but she looked so small, "I've never been away from my parents," she confessed.

"What about sleepovers?" She shook her head. "Wait really?"

"I was never invited," Hermione mumbled.

My eyes had adjusted to the dim light and I saw a couple tears on her cheek, "Well think of this as one big sleepover,"

"What do you do at sleepovers?"

Wow, she really didn't know. For someone so smart it was surprising, "Well how about a midnight snack? My brother told me how to get into the kitchens,"

"But its past curfew,"

"It'll be fine,"

Hermione gnawed on her lip, "are you sure?"

"Yup," I grinned, jumping up from the couch. "C' mon,"

That was a little over 5 years ago. Hermione and I became friends after that night, but the friendship felt different. It wasn't long till I figured out why. Hermione made me realise I definitely wasn't straight.
I did my best not to let things become awkward. Everyone else in the dorm had no issues changing in front of each other but I always would turn away and waking up early or late to get changed in the bathroom.
It was never a big deal but one time it was just Hermione and me in the dorm. We were going to go to Hogsmeade, but she said she wanted to stop at the dorm. No sooner than the door was shut Hermione had whipped off her top.
My eyes went wide, and she looked confused, "It's okay, the curtains are shut," she said as she fished around for a different top.

I spun on my heels and faced away. My skin felt hot and I couldn't help feeling a little guilty. Hermione clearing my throat prompted me to turn around. "Ready?" I asked, beat red since she had a top on now.

"Yeah," she said, face scrunched up in the annoyingly cute way it always did, "Why do you always turn away?"

"No reason," I said.

That Hogsmeade trip felt awkward as hell. The tension was thicker than the fog that had deterred so many people from coming. The less than ideal weather had put students off staying too long so we were easily able to get a table in the three brooms sticks. But when we walked in, I saw Harry and Ron and went to wave, but Hermione stopped me, grabbing my arm and directing me to a different booth out of site.

"What was that about?"

"Huh?" she faked innocent. Hermione couldn't lie to me.

"Didn't you see Ron and Harry?"

Hermione shrugged, playing with her fingers, "Oh no I never seen them," lies, "Besides let's have a girl day?" she smiled. I couldn't say no to her smile.

We ordered our drinks and the mood had gone back to normal. Well mostly. Maybe it was because we were dormmates, but Hermione and I were very close friends with inside jokes, and we could talk for hours.

Although Hermione wasn't the funniest person in the world, no offence, she'd made a joke that made me giggle like crazy into our drinks. Soon they were finished, "We should probably get out of here," I said through laughs. I didn't know if I was laughing because she was funny or because it was her.

"Yeah sure," she smiled.

We left out a tip on the table and ventured into the fog. "Why is it this thick?" I complained,

"Surely there must be a spell for this?"

"Mm, not sure,"

"Hermione?" I gasped dramatically, "Doesn't know the answer!? What mayhem is this?"

Hermione rolled her eyes, "I'm more than just smart,"

"I know." My grin fell into a small smile, "I can barely see you with all this fog,"

"Then hold my hand," before I could say anything her hand slipped into mine. I felt my heart flutter like the drop on a roller coaster and I was just as nervous. Her hand was soft and as cliché, as it sounds it seemed to fit perfectly in mine.

We walked back to the castle in silence, but it was a happy silence. When the castle was in view, I dropped her hand, "Thanks for holding my hand," I joked.

"No problem," she nudged me, "Couldn't afford to lose you,"

"You'll never lose me,"

Hermione went quiet, looking down at the ground as she walked. Just as I turned to look at her, she spluttered out, "Even if I was gay?"

My eyes went wide, "Of course!" I said, "Who am I to judge you? And if anyone ever does, I'll fight them." A wave of relief washed over her face, "You should've told me,"

"Well, you never told me," I went quiet, "That's why you always turn away, isn't it?" my head dropped, and I nodded. "(Y/N) when I'm with Harry and Ron it feels like friendship but when I'm with you..." her voice trailed off. I looked up, hope bubbling inside me, "I feel all light and fuzzy like in one of my books."

"Is that why we sat ourselves?" I asked. She nodded. A smile tugged at my lips, "I feel the same. Just like out a book,"

Hermione broke into a grin. "Well according to all the books I've read this is the point where they ask each other out,"

"Hermione, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yes. Id love that," we walked back to the castle, hand in hand, "Do you think McGonagall would put us in separate dorms when she finds out?"

"I love that woman, but she can fight me,"