George*Fred's Room

After the war, everyone was a lot more mature. It was like we were actual adults. George and I had been dating for 3 years and had stuck together even after he and Fred left school. I had been out of school for a year, him 2, and we spent all our spare time together.

When I wasn't working, I was at the joke shop with him helping him run it. When the joke shop closed, I'd end up crashing at his flat. I still lived with my parents, but I hardly saw them. It was time.

George and I had been resting after being in the joke shop by watching the muggle laptop I'd brought over. As I was looking for something to watch he said, "You know I think I might make a few changes here,"

"Like what?" I asked, my eyes still stuck on the screen.

"Oh, I don't know. A new rug? Maybe a coat of paint? A new roommate maybe?" He shrugged.

I paused my search and looked at him, "Oh. Who were you thinking?"

He rolled his eyes, "You?"

I pretending to mull it over, hmming and ahhing, "I'd have to think about it,"

"I'll let you pick the new rug,"

"Deal but only if we get to redo the bedroom. It smells like a teenage boy,"

George rolled his eyes and sighed, "Fine!! It's a deal,"

Moving was so much easier with magic. It only took a couple days till my old room was empty and our apartment was full of boxes. There was no point unpacking if we were doing the bedroom up. We packed up the bedroom, so we didn't ruin anything. The boxes overtook the living room, "Why don't we put these in the spare room?" George said somewhere among the boxes.

I froze for a second, "Yeah sure. If you don't mind that is,"

"No, it's fine. Gives a hand love," he said as he grabbed a box.

Grabbing a box, I followed him. He opened the door and sat his box down on Fred's bed. I sat another next to it and looked around the room. He and George hadn't been staying here long when Fred died but the room was definitely his.

My eyes focused on a photo of Fred and George standing in front of the joke shop when they first bought it. They were waving their arms in the shop's directions with massive grins. George must've noticed, "C'mon. There are more boxes,"

We filled the room silently. Soon the room was pretty full, and we could walk in the living room. We paused in the doorway, "You okay?" I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah I'm fine," George swallowed, eyes watering, "Fred always liked clutter anyway,"

We roped in some of his family to help and soon the bedroom was finished, and we even managed to paint the living room. The boys hadn't done much TLC when they first moved in., we just had the boxes left in Fred room. We decided to leave them to the next day.

I didn't have work the next day and the joke shop was typically quiet on a Tuesday, so I said I'd unpack the boxes while George was down at the shop. It was easy but tedious. I had to hang all the clothes, put away all the shoes, and sort through all the junk.

George and I had so much junk between us. I made a pile on Fred's bed of things I didn't know whether to keep or not. I started going through the pile, flinging things in piles. Molly's sweaters, keep, yelling tree statue, throw away, movie stumps from a date, keep, holy socks, throw away. In the pile, I found Fred's old quidditch jersey that George had tucked away.

As I held the fabric in my hands, I reminisced to all the quidditch matches id went to, all the parties we had when they won, the pranks when they lost. I was snapped out of it when I heard the front door open.