Werewolf PT1

Shattered glass fell onto the bedroom carpet. Jagged claws raked ripped lines into the floor. It wasn't quiet. the screaming didn't help. A scream surged from my lips as the teeth sunk into my shoulder, claws scrapping down my arms. I could hear distant sound but screams and growls filled my ears. My eyes opened and fixated on the seemingly glowing eyes of the creature onto of me. Coloured lights began flashing. Black spots began to surround my vision. Everything felt distant. Everything went black.

A flickering light greeted my groggy eyes. I groaned and turned my head, my eyes falling on my sleeping parents beside my bed. "What happened?" I croaked out.

"You're awake!"

"I'll go get the nurse," Dad rushed out as I pathetically forced myself into a sitting position.

My mum rushed to help me, passing me a glass of water, "What happened?"

"Its okay honey," my mum said but her eyes said something different.

I looked around and my eyes fell on the sign I saw outside my room. First floor. "First floor? But I-that wasn't-what happened- "

"You're awake," The healer said as she walked in. "Someone will come by to tell you how to...adjust then well discharge you," her eyes raked me up and down.

"What happened to me?!" I almost yelled.

"It's not even a full moon yet," the woman grimaced, "You were attacked by a werewolf,"

"But I-I'm not a-I can't be,"

"Honey it'll be okay. We'll always love you the same. Won't we?" She looked at my dad.

"Of course. It's not your fault,"

"No no no no no," I held my head in my hands. I can't be a- I can't be.

"Someone will be round shortly till then I ask you to- "

"Can't you have a little tact?" My dad spat at the woman. She rolled her eyes as she walked out, muttering under her breath, "Its okay (Y/N). we don't need to tell anyone. It'll be okay," My mouth was dry, but my cheeks were wet. His words didn't help. I was a monster. A werewolf.

The person who came around gave me some random pamphlets like that would help. He didn't stay long. This was it. This was my life.

It was still summer, so I was able to adjust a little, but I doubt I'll get used to it. The transformations were the worst. Every month I felt every bone in my body seemingly break, reshape, set, then reverse the whole process. Along with my parents having to restrain me every time.

They had to tell Dumbledore. He came to our house and helped my parents set up a mini sort of prison to lock me in during the transformation. He even said there was a similar thing at Hogwarts for me to use. He was more help than the healers.

Though after our chats my parents talked to him alone for a while. I was able to overhear something about special precautions. Things were strange after the attack. The attack was strange. My parents were hiding something

I didn't want to tell my friends, but the idea hovered over me since I saw them. My parents have gotten overprotective since the event. They insisted on taking me themselves, not letting me get the train.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione seemed to already in deep conversation as they walked into Hogwarts. I started making my way over when Hermione saw me and ran up. "Where were you? You weren't on the train,"

"Oh, err we were visiting people nearby, so my parents dropped me off. No point getting the train if I'm 5 minutes away," I lied. I'd been here for the past couple of hours as Dumbledore showed me where I would go and going over what might happen and how things at Hogwarts are different.