Piggyback Rides PT3

"What? How?" Minnie only stared at the biscuits. "What in the hell is going on?!"

Remus walked to the table and picked up the tin. He looked it over before taking a biscuit out. As he brought it to his lips Harry called out "No!" Remus paused, looking up from the biscuit. "It could be poisoned."

Remus sighed. "I don't care anymore." He slumped in the chair and chewed on the biscuit. "Tastes same as always. Perfect" He spoke with an open mouth and Minnie didn't even scold him.

She slumped down in a chair across from Remus, grabbing a biscuit for herself. 

Harry took the brief time to look over his professor's house. It was a cosy small cottage that could be out a storybook. Old fashioned stove, wooden chairs, fluffy rug and fireplace. Plus all the nicknacks she had gathered through the years.

Magical snowglobes lined the window sill. One had a Quidditch player flying through the snow, another had a family having a snowball fight, another was Hogwarts. It looked like the real thing. Harry picked up the globe and moved it in his hand.

The whomping willow swayed in the fake wind and you could make out the black lake rippling. It was almost scary how real it looked.

All the adults seemed to have given up when Sirius suddenly stormed over to the oven. McGonnagal only raised an eyebrow while Remus didn't react at all.

He yanked open the oven door and threw his hand in. He pressed his hand flat against all the surfaces in it. "Youll just gets dirty," McGonagall spoke.

He slammed it shut. "It's stone cold. They're warm. Somethings not right."

"Nothings right Sirius! Grow up. This isn't some mystery murder." Remus yelled. "This is real shit"

It was the first time Harry ever heard his uncle swear and he wouldn't admit it but it was kind of frightening. His demeanour went straight back to calm as he grabbed another biscuit.

"Quit sulking Rem!" Sirius stormed up to Remus, smacking the biscuit from his hand "Either (Y/N) is trying to tell us something or someones leaving us clues. Get off your lazy butt and do something! Care for Merlin's sake! For her sake!"

Remus chair scraped against the stone floor. "Of course I care! I've made my piece. She's dead and buried. Just because-"

"Did you find the body?" Harry tried to ask but the pair were to busy yelling. "Hey!" He tried to reason. McGonnagal kept shaking her head. 

Not knowing how to get their attention he walked to the table, snow globe still in hand. Harry shoved the biscuit tin as hard as possible, making it fly across the room and slam into the oven door with a clang. "Hey!" They looked at the boy. "Did you find her body?"

"What, Harry-"

"Did you?"

Remus looked at Sirius. "They already buried her by that point. I was too far away to get back to see her. Say goodbye."

"Quit mopping" Harry spat. "If you loved her, get your head out your ass and do something!" The adults looked taken aback by Harry's words. "What would she do?"

Sirius let out a chuckle "She'd say everything is fine as long as you had a biscuit. But now they're ruined." He gestured to the now dented tin and biscuit crumbs.

McGonnagal rushed out her seat to the destroyed baked goods. She grabbed the tin and began picking up all the pieces. "Minnie," Sirius spoke softly "We'll clean it."