Hermione Granger*Just Stop PT2

A/N: So this took me ages but I've finally done part 2.

Also the next part will be the last part to Remus Lupin piggy back rides which should be up by this time next week.

Hermione had tried to talk to me a few times. Each time I would walk away or if we were in class I would ignore her.

I broke up with her a week before summer began. She sent a couple owls but they were easy to throw away and the letters got fewer as summer went on.

I hadn't forgotten about her by the end of summer but I wasn't heartbroken anymore. Or I wasn't acting like it. None of my friends brought up last year and I was grateful.

During the sorting ceremony, I could feel someone's eyes on me but didn't look. Dumbledore rambled on for a little bit in his normal dreamlike tone. Eventually, we could eat. As I was eating a treacle tart I happened to glance at Hermione.

She raised her hand and gave a small wave but I just turned back to (Y/B/F). "Laugh." She squinted at me but after a moment did it. My friend group joined in as they realised who was looking over.

As we walked up the stairs to the (Y/H) dorms (Y/B/F) squeezed my shoulder. "You can talk to me, you know."

"Nothin to talk about."

She nodded behind us. "Tell that to her."

I stop and turn to see Hermione trying to catch up. Weighing my options I decided to wait for her to move to the side of the stairs, letting others pass. "You waited." She bit back a smile.

"You chased." I countered, not returning the smile.

Her gaze dropped to the floor. "Can we talk about last year?"

"Nothing to talk about." I shrugged.

She looked up. "Is that why you ignored me over summer? Because it was nothing. Or was it because we were something and you don't want to admit it."

"It was because I don't want to fix it." I spat back. "Maybe I was trying to give you a hint."

She swallowed, gaze averting again "I know I messed up but I want to try to make it up to you."

I look at the floor. I was about to reply when the staircase shuddered and began to move. I'd managed to grab the bannister but Hermione wasn't as quick. Out of reflex I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards me, steadying her. "Please."

Sighing, I look her in the eye. "Maybe if you had told me. But you didn't. You kept it a secret and made me the fool. If you had been honest we'd stand a chance. But you weren't. Let me move on and try to the same."

I turn and head up the stairs which now lead the wrong way. She doesn't follow but did call after me "What if I don't want to move on?"

"Then tough luck." I look over my shoulder to tell her "We all know high school romances don't last." Eventually, I found another staircase to lead me to the (Y/H) dorms.

I flopped on my bed with a groan. "You ok?" Sam, my dormmate, asked.

"Define ok," I mumbled but he didn't press.

Hermione kind of respected my wish. Loosely that is. She would stare at me during meals, deliberately walk the same way as me in the hall and after answering a question in class she would look at me after.

When we were together after she answered a question I gave her a thumbs up. It started as a joke but stuck. But I made sure not to move after she answered.