Fred*Family Reunion

A/N: A post? On time? What sorcery is this?

"Fred, this is how I die," I told Fred on our date in his local muggle town.
Fred scoffed, swallowing his food first for once, "You're going. I go to your weird muggle things you can go to a family reunion. You've met," Fred counted it out on his fingers, "5 of them?"
"4, and that's only half of them. Plus, no partners. I swear this is the end of me," Sure I felt bad for dragging Fred round muggle things I liked but he normally enjoyed himself. Like right now where we went to his local muggle town, got cheap food and pranked muggles with Fred and George's inventions. Obviously, once they can't trace. And now we were sitting on a bench in town.
Fred knocked my shoulder with his own with a small smile. "Hey chin up. It'll be fine. Just hide behind me and Georgie if it comes to it,"
I groaned loudly but Fred just shook his head. He stood, holding his hand out to me. Reluctantly I let him pull me up, "C'mon darling. Time to get moving," We linked hands and walked to the bus stop nearby.
After reexplaining how busses work and giving Fred some money, we got on the bus. His stop was first so before he got off, he reminded me, "12 o'clock sharp. And if you don't show up in that fireplace, I will come to yours and unleash all our untested products,"
I rolled my eyes, "Sure you would," he shrugged with a cheeky grin before getting up and pressing the button to stop, "See ya,"
"And I'll see you tomorrow," He kissed my forehead before sprinting off the bus. I shook my head despite my smile as he ran to keep up with the bus as we started driving, waving to me with both arms.
Wizards aren't stupid so I was able to take the bus to a main city, luckily only 15 minutes away, and get a floo network to where ever you need. It's kinda like a wizarding bus.The next morning, I triple checked my appearance in the mirror, nervously looking at the fireplace. Mum was a squib so installed a floo fireplace for her family and because I had magic. I know she's jealous she doesn't have magic, but she's never held it against me.
Speaking off, "Honey you look fine,"
Sighing, I ran my hands through my hair, "I'm going to be in a tiny house with 8 plus people with huge personalities," I reminded her.
"Well, you've never been so the house could be huge. And you've not met all of them so they might be the loveliest people ever,"
"Not the way Fred talks about them," I mumble, "Besides I've seen a picture of the house. And the Weasley's I have been the definition of crazy,"
"You're not exactly normal yourself," She pointed out. I ran a hand over my head, "C'mon," Mum directed me to the fireplace. "It's already 5 pasts,"
"I hadn't noticed," I mumble, grabbing some floo powder. I was terrified I'd say it wrong and end up in some Randoms house, or some shady alley, or worse. I took a deep breath. "The burrow," I said as clearly as I could.
Whoosh. Traveling by floo made your stomach feel like it was on a roller coaster ride and you were weightless. Not to mention the powder and ash that went up your nose or in your mouth or in your eyes. Ew.
Once I felt the solid ground, I blinked a few times, coughing some of the ash out. Once my eyes settled, I saw Fred who'd been sitting on the couch, checking the time, run up to me, "You're five minutes late," he tried to scold me.
"You were 20 minutes late to our first date," I crossed my arms with a pointed look, "So I say we're even,"
Fred rose his eyebrows, "Okay you're forgiven," He pulled me out the fireplace, welcoming me in with a wide wave of his arm, "And I had a good reason,"
"Being forced to hide in a cupboard because you pranked the Slytherins and didn't get out fast enough does not count as a good reason to make me think you'd stood me up,"
Fred rolled his eyes, "So dramatic,"
"Look who's talking,"
Someone fakely cleared their throat behind us, "Well were my welcome?"
I turned to see George standing there, fake offended, "Hiya Georgie," I gave George a dramatic hug.
"I'm jealous. My own brother!" Fred held his hand to his heart. To egg him on I wrapped my arm around George's waist, and he draped his over my shoulder. This wasn't highly uncommon since I was close with both for years, only starting dating Fred a few months ago.
"Will you two stop this ruckus!" Mrs. Weasley walked in with a wooden spoon and anger. She saw me and obediently put on her best 'mum' face. "Welcome dear," she smiled, "Fred you didn't tell me (Y/N) was here," She looked at George.
George looked at me with a grin and I knew, "Sorry mum," he pulled me closer, "This is my darling (Y/N)!" He presented me as a prize.
Fred's jaw had literally slackened, and his mouth was hanging open. Luckily Harry and Ron walked in, "Why's (Y/N) hugging George"?
George sniggered and pushed me to Fred who protectively wrapped his arms around me, not caring he was basically holding my head. Molly flushed, "Sorry Fred. You'd taken your jumper off,"
Fred's eyes narrowed but he said nothing. I spoke up, "I'm sure it's okay, right Freddie?" He nodded. "Hello, Mrs. Weasley,"
"Call me Molly dear," She smiled "I need to go finish making the lunch," she rushed out the room.
Deciding I didn't want to deal with the twin's pettiness I looked to the two younger boys, "Ron, Harry. Who'd of thought you were a couple." I smirked.
Both turned red, starting to deny it, "Mum said I could have a guest," he stammered out. The twins were laughing.
"The invite said, partner. Right, Fred?"
"Yup,"
"George?""
"Definitely,"
"I'm proud of you boys," I walked over and put an arm over each of them, "Glad you're out the closet," I winked at Harry who got redder. "Coming boys?" I ask the twins who were glad to leave Ron and Harry as bumbling messes.
Despite it not being my house, I took the lead and led them up the stairs. "Good thing Ginny didn't hear. She proper fancies Harry," George said, laughter still in his voice.
"Really? They'd be cute,"
"Ew!" They said in sync, "She's our sister,"
"She'll be legal one day,"
Fred and George both went to chase me, and I lucked out when I saw a door with a big 'F' and 'G' carved out with a 'keep out, wizards at work' sign. I ran in and pressed myself against the door. I heard them bang on the door and laughed, knowing Fred wouldn't push it that hard, fearing he'd hurt me.
"Let us in!" They said through their bangs,
"Nah," I called back, "Are you supposed to have a lock on your door?" I asked when I spotted the metal bolt.
"Don't you dare- "thunk. I dragged the heavier than expected lock over and stepped away from the door. "That's it," one of them called, "We're gonna get someone with a wand,"
I ignored them, exploring the room. It was a typical wizard teenage boys' room; quidditch posters, dirty cauldrons, laundry everywhere. The mess didn't really bother me having seen the dorm they share with 3 other boys.
I'm able to tell whose bed is who's by their nightstands. George's has an assortment of snacks and notebooks piled up while Fred's has one notebook and a photo frame. Fred never really had his own food, just stealing other peoples. I picked up the picture and smiled. It was us and taken on a wizarding camera at Hogwarts. It was a three-second shot of when Fred had run up and kissed me before putting a snowball down the back of my coat, then me chasing him of course. The shot replayed and I couldn't help but grin.
"Stand back from the door," Someone called through the door.
The door, that I half expected to blast of the hinges, just slid the bolt off and opened slowly, "Well that was anticlimactic," I said, crossing my arms.
A taller Weasley was standing on the other side with a grin on his face, "Didn't want to hurt Fred's first," Fred's face went bright red. "I'm Bill," He walked in and shook my hand, "And if theirs any trouble just send us an owl,"
I nodded, "They're always trouble," I told him.
"Don't I know it. Mum said lunch is ready so let's get moving,"
The twins groaned, having just got in. they stomped behind us like bored toddlers as Bill and I chatted about annoying things the twins did.
We reached the table and took our seats. "Wait till I tell you about the time we went on holiday in Ireland- "
"No!" The twins cut him off.
"We never"
"Ever"
"Speak of that,"
"Okay?" They said the last part in sync. Bill nodded, holding his hands up in mock defense.
They both let out a sigh of relief and took their seats, Fred on my left and Bill and George across from us. There were 10 mismatched chairs set out along a long table and we were the first there.
Ron and Harry joined not long after, sitting beside George. They avoided my eyes. "C'mon boys, cheer up. We all know Ron fancies- "
"I told you that in confidence!" Ron cut me off.
I smirked and sent a wink. Suddenly everyone cared. "Who'd you fancy?" Harry tried to whisper to Ron whose face was redder than his hair.
The twins and Bill turned to me, "Yeah, who'd he fancies?" Fred asked. I tapped my nose, saying nothing, "C'mon, you love me,"
I rolled my eyes, "So?" The rest of the table grimaced. Percy, however, walked in and sat as far away from the twins as he could. Luckily the conversation moved on, "Tell you later," I whispered to Fred who perked up.
So far, I'd met Ginny, Ron, and Percy at school. Percy, I'd met at a study group he was forced to run as a prefect. Ron, I'd met when I forced the twins to apologies for a particularly mean prank. And Ginny had tracked me down to find out who was dating Fred. Percy and I never spoke but he respected me since I tried to study at the very least, Ron and I were surprisingly close after I found him holding back tears in an empty class (it was third year and he was sick of being in everyone's shadow so I gave him a pep talk and we got surprisingly close), and Ginny liked to ask my advice on guys since I didn't treat her like a child.
Bill seemed like a laugh so far, Molly seemed like she was a stereotypical Hufflepuff but with some extra Gryffindor fight, and I hadn't met the other two. Arthur who was apparently really into muggle things and was kinda weird, and Charlie who was in Romania and liked quidditch.
Seemingly on cue, an older man I assumed was Arthur walked in with Molly not far behind. He took a seat at the end of the table with Molly on his right. "Hello everyone," he said as he sat down.
Molly scanned the table and noticed the two empty seats, one between Percy and Fred and one at the end beside me. She smiled at me and Harry before walking over to the stairs. "GINNY!"
Both Harry and I jumped. The twins laughed as Molly came back in with an awkward smile. She took her seat and said, "Sorry about that,"
You heard Ginny before you saw her and suddenly a flash of red was Ginny darted to the first seat she could, "Sorry Mummy," she was sat between Fred and Percy.
"Well Charlie owled and said he may be late so, let's start," Arthur clapped his hands, "Molly dear," Molly raised her wand and the food floated in and floated in the middle of the table. The Weasley's knew what to do and began grabbing things off the trays.
Being slightly freaked I froze so Fred filled my plate for me. I jumped again as food flew past me and landed on the plate next to me, a bit of foil coming over to be wrapped over the plate, "For when Charlie gets here," Molly explained.
I nodded, a little freaked, "Sorry. It's just food doesn't float in my house,"
The Weasley's laughed as the trays flew back in the kitchen, "You get used to it," Harry said. He seemed a bit healthier, maybe he'd and a few visits.
Everyone dug in, no hesitation. "So (Y/N), you're a muggle born?" Arthur asked.
"Um I'm not sure," The elder Weasleys' sent me a queer look, "My mums a squib. My dads a muggle, so I don't really know. I didn't study too much on blood types,"
"Too right dear," Molly smiled at me before glaring at her husband.
"But you live with muggles?" Arthur asked. I nodded, "Good. Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck? I can't get a straight answer,"
The younger Weasleys facepalmed and Harry seemingly got flashbacks, "Um. It's a bath toy. Like little kids play with them in the bath?" it came out like a question, "Didn't realize they were a muggle thing,"
"Wizards normally just use magic to keep kids amused," George told me through a mouthful of food. This has been happening for first year, so I just held my finger up and pointed to my mouth. He swallowed, "Sorry,"
Molly's mouth fell open, "How? What? How did you do that?"
I laughed, "I trained them well,"
"We aren't owls," Fred protested.
"Teach me," Molly said, fully serious.
"Mum!"
Lunch was going smoothly so Fred whispered to me, "and you said you didn't want to come,"
"Okay," I whispered back, "Some of your ideas aren't horrible," Fred grinned victoriously.
He was about to gloat when the front door quite literally burst open. "Ello Gingers!" A well-built man said from the doorway. His clothes were a mess and his hair was falling in his face, but he didn't care. He spotted Harry and me, "And others. Sorry, I'm late,"
"Charlie!" Molly scolded.
"Sorry mum but...it was him," he pointed to the ground. A small burst of fire shot out from behind his leg and I screamed as a dragon walked out. This provoked a grin, "This is Khaleesi," he pointed to the small green scaly creature.
"You brought a dragon?!" Molly screeched.
"Only a baby one!" I couldn't keep my eyes off the dragon. It seemed to sense that and stared back, taking a few steps closer.
"(Y/N)?" Fred put his hand on my arm, concern in his voice, "You okay?"
I reached my hands out for the dragon who made a weak attempt to fly into them. I picked him up and held him at eye level. I turned to Fred and said in a flat voice, "I want one,"
"You cannot have a dragon," he said.
"Oh well see," I said, turning back the Khaleesi, "Hiya," he let out a short blast of fire, not even hitting me.
Charlie hummed, "I like this one," Charlie plopped into the seat beside me and uncovered his plate, "Thanks mum," she shot him a disapproving look. This made him grin.
Lunch was somehow better with Charlie. Khaleesi sat on the table between our plates and picked off bits of chicken and whatever they wanted really.
I ended up staying there till about 4 before I knew I had to get going. After saying my goodbyes to the clan, I stood in the fireplace. Fred held the floo powder but didn't hold it out for me, "I'm glad you came," he said in one of his few moments of being genuine.
"So am I,"
"Wish I could've had you all to my self though." He grinned.
"We go back to school soon. We always have the room of requirements," he laughed at my statement. "See ya I guess,"
"Yup," He stepped partially into the fireplace to kiss me bye.
I grabbed a handful of floo powder as he stepped out, "Just one thing," he stopped me, "Don't leave me for my brother,"
"Which one?" Fred rolled his eyes, "That dragon was pretty cool," I grinned, thinking about Khaleesi. Fred pouted, "But I tamed my beast. I don't need another,"