Marauders Preference*Secret Talent

James: Drawing

James was a...beautiful specimen with a very drawable face. In your opinion.

This meant that in one charms class when you were bored, especially since the whole class was being lectured on proper wand etiquette, you wanted to draw. James made a good subject.

Eventually, the bell went and you suppressed a groan. You were halfway through but knew you'd have to finish it later.

When you got home you found yourself procrastinating homework yet again so pulled out your sketchbook. You flipped through and saw the drawing again. Being bored and because of your crush, you decided to finish it.

No one ever saw your drawings. It was something you kept private. So when you couldn't find your sketchbook the next day after lunch you were Very concerned. It wasn't anywhere.

Because you were searching for so long you ended up being 10 minutes late for charms. "Sorry." You panted out after running to class. "I couldn't find my um..book." You quickly be lined for your seat.

It was embarrassing enough being late and the look the teacher gave you but you also had to walk past your crush to your seat. You sat at a table with your friend and James and Sirius were at the table next to you. You felt your skin burn as they looked at you.

Luckily they went back to their shenanigans. At one point a first year came in and said Sirius was to go to see McGonagall. In true fashioned, the class oohed and ahhed at him. The class was noticeably quieter without him.

Your skin was finally back to normal when James James turned to you. "Hey, this fell out your bag earlier." He spoke quietly, to not attract much attention. Upon seeing the panic in your eyes he added "And I never looked in it. Well, only the first page but you know." He stuttered a little towards the end.

"Thanks. Most people would have."

He looked down for a moment. "I figured I should ask first. So can I?"

You hesitated and glanced at your friend. She gave you a glare and a nudge, knowing you would never. but handed it over. She grinned and pretended to go back to work. You, however, had forgotten of your recent drawing.

James' eyes flicked over the work you'd spent most of your free, and not so free, time on, "These are amazing," he said, "I didn't know you could draw," I didn't know you knew who I was, you thought.

As you knawed on your bottom lip Sirius returned to his seat, a slip of paper in hand. "Well, that's my third detention this week. What's that? Since when did you do self-portraits? Hell, when did you start drawing?"

"No, uh it's (Y/N)'s."

Sirius glanced at me, clearly not knowing who I was. He shrugged and went to grab my book. I felt myself start to die and mentally began preparing my funeral.

James leaned away from him, holding the book away. "No! It's uh a bad picture of me. I look like crap." He handed it back to you. You shoved it in your bag, feeling deflated.

After class, he dashed to keep up with you. Your friend gave you a look before speeding away. "Wait up! I'm sorry about that. It was great. I just figured you wouldn't want him seeing and I'm not great on the spot so I said it was crap. It wasn't. it was pretty amazing-"

"Thanks." You cut him off, seeing him begin to stutter and trip over his words. "I believe you,"

James grinned, his awkwardness turning into a cocky smile "So...why'd you draw me?"

Sirius: Cards

It never really came up. You were kinda glad though as you could get a little competitive. Or very. Only Lily had known from when your family had invited her to game night.

Since it was Christmas break the halls of Hogwarts were empty. Lily had brought a pack of cards down to the great hall. The idea of house tables had been ditched so you sat across from lily, shuffling cards.

"Oh, what are we playing?" Sirius asked as he sat next to you, pecking your cheek. Lily rolled her eyes, never approving of your PDA. Plus since you were dating Sirius this invited the rest of the marauders to join.

"I was thinking of Switch?" Lily suggested, pretending not to like sitting next to James. You nodded and started shuffling the cards. You did a few fancy shuffle tricks though to show off to your boyfriend and friends. Lily just rolled her eyes.

You started to deal. "Do you know how to play?" You asked the group.

"Yup. We played it at James' last Christmas. Can't be too hard, right?"

...

Sirius failed. Epically.

Some of the moves he made caused you to physically cringe. "Hey," You started as lily began to shuffle the cards after your win. "Why don't we work as a team?"

"Isn't that unfair to them?" Sirius put his chin on your shoulder, seriously thinking this was like cheating. The marauders chuckled as he had seriously bombed it.

"We defiantly don't mind," James laughed.

Sirius still couldn't quite keep up. Every move it was a 'no that one. Why? Because I said so'.

Sirius gave up after that round. You continued to play everyone else as Sirius watched, confused. You won 6 out of 7 games. Everyone else decided they were done too and decided to go snowball fighting. You told them to go ahead and you'd find them soon.

"When did you learn to play?" Sirius asked as you placed the cards in their pack.

"My family always play on holiday. Plus we started having game nights." You pause for a moment, thinking of the last time. "It's like a bloody war. You should come to the next one?"

Sirius looked a little taken aback. "You want me to meet your family?" You were about to panic when he continued. "I'd love too. But I kinda..."

"Suck? I know. I'll teach you. No offense but that was a bit embarrassing,"

Remus: Baking

Not to brag but you were kind of a badass. It's not that you didn't like people but more that they avoided you since apparently leather jackets, muggle died hair, and muggle music was intimidating

You did have friends though. Sirius had latched on to you so he could learn your muggle ways to disappoint his parents. This lead to you being friends with the marauders. You'd never admit to them you liked Remus especially since you were kind of opposites.

The marauders were meant to be coming over to yours but Sirius had gone MIA, James found out last minute he was going on holiday, and peter was still on holiday. Remus had come over though. It wasn't awkward just not what you expected. Your mum was warm and welcoming to him and ushered him into the kitchen to wait for you. "Would you like a cookie or a bit of cake?"

"Um, a biscuit please." You mother smiled at him sympathetically looking at his scars, before she grabbed him one from the cooling rack. Remus shuffled a bit uncomfortably knowing what she saw and what she was probably thinking. You were coming down the stairs as he took his first bite.

"(Y/N) made them earlier." Your mum told Remus as he had to stop himself moaning from the taste.

"You made these?" He asked as you walked through the door. "Their amazing"

"They're ok." You mumbled as you poured yourself a drink.

Your mum smiled and pinched your check. "Always so humble," you swatted her hand as your checks flared up "Yet so cheeky. Take some cookies upstairs." Your mum added as she walked out of the room.

"If I'd know you baked I would have come over a long time ago," Remus said as he grabbed a chocolate chip cookie.

"You can't tell the guys," I said.

"Worried about your street cred?" he joked, "Fine, deal. But only if you keep making these,"

"Deal,"