Sirius*Slight of hand

A/N: In this, I'm making Peter a pureblood since it isn't specified what he is.

Wow. Was the first word that came out of my mouth when I saw Hogwarts. Some other muggle-borns and I had all been shocked in first year.

It was sort of coincidental I was mostly friends with Muggle-borns. We had common ground, not understanding the wizarding world, and were able to talk about normal muggle things. My friend group was mainly a mix of half-bloods and Muggle-borns with a couple purebloods.

It's not that we didn't like purebloods, though some didn't like us, its that we grew up in different worlds. I tried to explain a tv to a pureblood once. It was a long conversation.

But that was mainly the first year. My second year I understood more about the wizarding world and making pureblood friends was easier. Though I did miss hanging out with only half-bloods and Muggle-borns since I wouldn't need to explain seemingly normal things.

By 4th year I was used to it. Around known purebloods, I would talk about Quidditch, the weird sisters, and other wizardry things. Something I missed about the muggle world was magic.

Not wizarding magic but slight of hand. My brother had got me a kids magic set during summer as a gag gift. As I was packing my trunk I had seen the set and decided to take it because why not?

I was bored in my dorm so I decided to pull it out. 1 of my roommates was a pureblood and got so confused by it. They demanded I show them everything and tell them how.

My fellow muggle-born roommates and I smirked and walked downstairs, into the common room. "Do it one more time. Please," My roommate, Alicia, begged.

"Fine," I sighed, pulling my deck from my pocket, "Pick a card,"

Over the week word spread of the magic tricks, I was doing. Muggleborns and some half-bloods were cracking up over the purebloods reaction. They seemed to think I knew some advanced magic or was a mind reader or something.

It was starting to become out of hand. "Guys I've got to go, I have homework," I told the group of pureblood 1st years following me.

"One more trick,"

"Yeah, cmon,"

"How are you doing that?"

I groan, looking to my friends for help. They shrug and walk away with smirks on their faces. "Can you please just fu-"

"That's no way to talk to firsties," I hear a teasing voice behind me. I turn to see the marauders had just walked up "We need to set a good example," Sirius teased, "Get lost," He barked.

They glared at him but scurried off. I rolled my eyes "I could've handled that," James and Sirius shared a look, "Hey Remus,"

"Hi,"

James looked in between us "You know each other?"

I shrug "We talk about Doctor Who sometimes,"

"Doctor what?" Sirius asked.

I shook my head "Doesn't matter. I gotta go,"

"We'll walk you," Sirius said, speeding up so he was walking next to me, "We have a proposition for you," James joined him on my other side.

I glance over my shoulder to Remus who was uncomfortably following behind us with Peter, "What?" I asked slowly.

"Well, we were thinking we could take the pressure off you. Since your now a star at Hogwarts and all," James shrugged.