Take care

"If you keep staring at me, I'll probably have to beat you up."

Jungkook bites his bottom lip to hold in a laugh, one that begs to be set free by the sound of Jimin's sleepy voiced threat. He chuckles unintentionally with his lips sealed, air escaping through his nose. He tries to cover it up as a sigh or something of the like, but Jimin must have already predicted his reaction. A weak fist clatters against his chest and Jungkook grins. "I'm making sure you're okay."

Jimin opens one eye to the dimming sunlight that streams through brown motel curtains. A short trip to a nearby town provided them with an easier time securing someplace to rest longer. They found a convenience store nearby for medicine and Jungkook ordered some quick takeout to fill their bellies and promote heavy eyelids for sleep. Jimin whines, pelting the other again with a loose fist. "You're just staring. Stop lying, you always do it."

"You're cute, I can't help it." Jungkook purses his lips, forgetting to breath. Jimin's right, of course. He's never kept his habit of staring at the smaller much of a secret at all. "You're all my eyes want to see, so.."

The side of Jimin's lips lift in a soft smile. "Stop."

Stop. Jimin's tone, the singular halting word brings back a flood of happy memories and Jungkook feels emotion building in his chest. He struggles internally for a moment, deciding if it would be better to let the emotions run their course or if he should try shutting them down instead. He doesn't have a chance to decide before Jimin shuffles into his arms for a quick hug. It's short lived, but the smaller is still smiling when he pulls away.

"I need to use the restroom, and a shower sounds really nice to be honest." Jimin mutters lowly, unknowingly interrupting Jungkook's thoughts. He props himself up on one arm, not seemingly in any sort of hurry. His eyes fall on Jungkook's pink lips and he instinctively swipes his tongue across the length of his own bottom lip. The temptation to lean down and take the other up in a kiss is strong, almost too strong to resist. It would feel like a piece of normality between them if he could muster the gall to do it. But, he can't. Guilt still sits on his heart, blocking joy from settling in.

Jungkook isn't a fool, and he's learned to be pretty savvy at catching hints in the changes of Jimin's expression. He reaches up to cup the others pouty cheek and brings puffy lips down gently to his own. It's not as much a kiss as he would call it a peck, but even in the dim lighting of their shaggy motel room Jungkook can see the boys cheeks tint themselves pink. It's beautiful, Jimin is. He's so beautiful. Out of breath just by the smallest clash of their lips, Jungkook sighs out his words rather than forming them properly. "What if I run a bath for you instead?"

Jimin is visibly taken back by the offer. He assaults the inside flesh of his tinted cheek and hums uncomfortably. "A bath?" He whispers meekly. "Do you mean one for both of us, together? Because, I thought a shower, a fast one, would be good. That sounds good."

The younger smiles through the others nervous rambling. He isn't surprised by Jimin's resistance, and it's alright. Jungkook's not bothered by it either, because making Jimin uncomfortable is the last thing he wants to do. "It's okay if you just want to take a shower alone. I just wanted to give you the opportunity to be taken care of while you don't feel good, love. That's all." Jungkook brushes the hair back from Jimin's eyes to see them more clearly. "Don't feel burdened."

Jungkook's gentle, loving explanation makes Jimin's heart ache. How could he turn down an offer with such pure and caring intention? Just the night before he was pressing a proposition for sex, but now he's uncomfortable baring his body for a bath? Yes, that's exactly how he feels. Jungkook has seen him naked more times than he can remember, but the intimacy of being cared for while in the very vulnerable state of full nudity is different than the way he craves for Jungkook's body to erase the feeling of being defiled by another man. It's different, and Jimin feels uneasy, but his heart cries so loudly for him to accept Jungkook's offer. It beats wildly in his chest until he shakes his head and his voice speaks for his pleading heart. "I'm not burdened by you, baby. I just feel so guilty."

"Mochi, ah-" Jungkook heaves another sigh. "Aish, your head is so stubborn." He mumbles as he forces the smaller back into his chest. He already knew Jimin was feeling the weight of his own guilt piling heavier on his shoulders. He soothes the other with caresses on his back, pulling away to press kisses randomly upon Jimin's face. "Stop trying to take fault in everything that happens. Even the choices that you make during this time shouldn't be something you purposefully reflect back onto yourself. You are the most innocent person I know, Park Jimin."

"Innocent?" Jimin pulls away, his eyebrows almost fused together. "I'm not-"

"You are. You're so innocent. Now quit it, because you're only allowed to feel guilty when you've done something wrong."

"I have done something wrong. I've done everything wrong."

Jungkook huffs, bothered now. This, the self battling voices he can seeing screaming at each other in Jimin's head, is Jungkook's fight. He's going to win it, no matter what. He unlinks his limbs from the smallers and without responding, Jungkook sits up in the bed. Jimin watches him with concern.

"I know I've been hurting you." Jimin whispers, sitting up himself. Jungkook's larger hand reaches for his own, fingers curling around his wrist gently to move his hand into the tallers lap.

"And you've been hurt." Jungkook whispers back. "Can I please, please take care of you?"

Jimin licks his drying lips. "By giving me a bath?"

"Mm," Jungkook hums, nodding in agreement. "I'd like to start with that. I know how you feel, love. I know it's uncomfortable, more than I can possibly imagine."

Jimin's heart clenches, painfully. He hates that Jungkook is imagining how he feels. He hates that Jungkook is willingly trying to share his pain and is putting forth his best effort to be a source of comfort at the same time. He hates that they both seem to be trapped in an endless cycle of heartache and he knows it is his own fault. Jimin knows that no matter what nice, beautiful words Jungkook can say, he can rightfully blame himself for continuing to hurt them both. Jimin also knows that if he doesn't want to see the reflection of pain in his boyfriends eyes, he has to let the man help him. He has to try to work through what hurts with honesty and effort and willingness to try his best to heal. "I know it hurts you to think of me being uncomfortable around you, but it's not your fault."

Jungkook looks up to make eye contact with Jimin, confusion contorting his expression.

Jimin nods. "A lot of things are going to make me uncomfortable, but I'll do them anyway. Because, you're helping me and I trust you." Jimin nods again, reassuring himself after his own explanation. "I trust your head, and your ideas more than I trust my own. So, please take care of me, bunny."

-///-

A/N: and I still haven't responded to your wonderful and so sweet comments from the last chapter, because I'm so bad at time management I'm so sorry! TT

I still promise to reply (late, I'm sorry)! I feel so much better, you guys. It's definitely not as bad, and my brain has stopped feeling like it's going to implode! Progress heh~

I love you guys! Thank you for your continuous support and encouragement~ You are all so cute and precious~ <3

P.s. I put Jiminie up there on top because he's actually the cutest thing ever and I love him a lot~