O N E

"Look at them" Desi says. Desi and I sit at the lunch table finishing our food as we stare at the soccer squad across from us. One of the girls just got ask to prom in the most ridiculous way and all the girls were surrounding her taking pictures. "They're treating her like she's some celebrity, so stupid" Desi continues finishing her water.

"You were literally the same way when Trey asked you to Prom last week" I said.

"Well yea, but... I didn't have an entourage to hype me up"

"I did hype you up and I took pictures"

"Blurry ones bitch" she says and we both laugh.

"Well I apologize I'm not a photographer" I said as the bell rings. Desi and I stand up and we go throw our lunch away. "I can't believe I'm a senior, never been asked to Prom and I'm still never going to get asked" I say holding my book-bag.

"Camari... chill out, you have time" Desi says as we walk to her locker. She opens the door and I lean on the lockers next to hers and wait for her to be done.

"Why is Ronnie so... fine?" I ask Desi. Ronnie and his friends were coming down the hallway talking to one another.

"Girl, he's annoying as hell" Desi says and I look at her confused.

"No he's not?"

"He hot as shit and he knows he hot as shit, that's annoying" she adds and I laugh. I turn back around when Ronnie stops in front of me. I stare at him and he smiles. Ronnie was that one guy in school. His light skin, and his diamond earrings always went well with each other. His hair stays short but I knew if he let it grow out it would swirl back up in his curls. The way he used to wear it in elementary. He plays no sports whatsoever, but that didn't stop his muscles from forming.

"Hey Camari" he says.

"Hey... Ronnie" I said.

"I'm sorry, you're standing in front of my locker" he says.

"Oh, damn. I'm sorry" I said moving over and he laughs going up to his locker.

"So about that AP LIT homework, such bullshit right?" he says.

"Yea... such... bullshit" I laugh and he looks over at me. He leans on his locker and stares at me. Ronnie and I have always been friends. Although he peaked around Sophomore year, he made sure to continue our friendship no matter what. He was a really sweet person here and there. I mean we all have our bad days. Last year, he got kicked out of math for cussing out our teacher. I would never forget that day because I had an excuse to talk to him about the homework assignment.

"Want to work on it together?" he ask and my eyes grew big.

"What?" I said and I see Desi behind him pretending to scream.

"Would you like to work on the assignment together? I could come by after school today?"

"Oh... well my brother is having a small get together at the house. If you don't mind college guys being annoying, then yes. Most definitely" I said like a dork and he laughs.

"I don't mind. Good. It's a date, I'll see you around five?"

"Yes, that's perfect" I said and he smiles grabbing a couple books out of his locker and stuffing them in his bag. He closes the door and turns around to walk away. I walk up to Desi with my mouth open. "Did that really just happened?"

"Oh shit... he wants you" Desi says.

"Really? Did I play it cool?"

"Bitch you was so chill with that shit. Oh fuck, you and Ronnie that's hot" she says and we start to freak out when someone clears their throat. I hurry to turn around and Ronnie was behind me. He laughs and shakes his head.

"My bad, I need to get something else out my locker" he said.

"Right..." I said walking around Desi to the other side. I quietly slam my head on the locker as I just embarrassed myself. Desi and I both don't say anything when we hear his locker close.

"See you guys later" he says walking away. Desi looks at me.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me he was behind me?"

"I didn't see him!" she laughs and I roll my eyes. The warning bell rings and we walk away to our next class. When school was out, I walk to my car and Desi gets in the passenger side. "So your brothers having a party?"

"Something like that"

"What does your parents say?" she ask as I start the car and Kehlani pops on.

"He told them it's a get-together. He's only back from college for a couple months until him and Trevor get their apartment so they're letting him do whatever" I say pulling out the parking lot.

"Damn, a Breenan and Trevor sandwich" Desi says and I roll my eyes. "So what are you going to do if Ronnie ask you to Prom?" she says and I look at her confused.

"He's not"

"He might!"

"I'll say yes?" I laugh.

"Really?"

"Why do you seem so surprised?"

"I didn't know you were ready to have sex" she says and I glance at her.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Come on Cami, you know Prom is also known as the night to hook-up. If you and Ronnie go together, of course he's going to be expecting head or sex or something"

"That's not true" I said.

"Yes huh. Dude... if you go to Prom with someone like Nick..."

"Nick... From Government?"

"Yes. If you go with someone like Nick from government. No you're not going to have sex because he would probably drop you back off at home literally after Prom is over. Now someone like Ronnie, you at least won't get home till like 4am"

"Shut up, you're stupid" I laugh and she joins me. "Well, he's not going to ask me"

"Let's say he does, you going to lose your virginity card?"

"Yes"

"YOU BITCH!" she yells and we laugh.

"I'm ready to get it over with. I mean you lost yours Freshmen year and all you talk about is how good sex is. I'm ready for that"

"Don't rush it, but when it does go down in the bedroom, you're going to love it" she says and Iroll my eyes.

PLEASE VOTE! AND COMMENT!🖤