T H I R T Y - S E V E N

He scratches the back of his head and clears his throat.

"Umm... yea. I guess so" he answers. I stare at him then grab the remote to turn the T.V. on. I still feel Trevor staring at me and I kept my eyes on the screen. A month flew by too fast. Although... we didn't sleep together, I did enjoy the time we spent with each other. If only we could have more time.

I settled the T.V. on episodes of Riverdale and decided that I wasn't hungry anymore. I lost my appetite. Why do I feel like this is a break-up? I knew this was coming, why did I let myself get to this point?

"Not eating anymore?" Trevor ask and I look down.

"Umm... no. I'm not hungry anymore" I said and I hear him let out a sigh. Trevor continues to eat and we don't say anything to one another as we watch about three episodes. I hear the door unlock and I turn around to see my mom coming in.

"Hey you two" she smiles.

"Hey" I said.

"I'm happy you're home. I got your heels for this weekend" she says coming into the living room. She sits down on the opposite couch and pulls out a shoe box. She opens it and I see gold, skinny heels. "You like? I think we should go with gold accents because gold and black women are absolutely beautiful" my mom smiles handing me the shoe.

"Yea this is really pretty. Thank you mom" I said handing her back the shoe.

"You alright?" she ask.

"Yea?"

"You don't seem that excited about Prom"

"No... I am" I send a fake smile her way.

"YO YO" someone yells coming into the house. We turn around to see Breenan and Nia following in after him.

"Hey you guys" my mom says standing up. "Nia... I got Camari her shoes"

"Can I see?" Nia ask as she walks over to my mom. My mom lifts the box and Nia looks at me in 'awe'. "These are so beautiful Camari"

"Yea" I smile.

"What up" I hear Trevor say and him and Breenan exchange a handshake.

"Jesse and all them are down at the court, you tryna hoop?" Breenan ask.

"Yea" Trevor says standing up.

"I'm going to go change" Breenan says heading downstairs to his room. Trevor starts to pick up his Taco Bell and walks to the kitchen. I look over at my mom and Nia still talking about the shoes. I grab my leftover Taco Bell and get up and head to the kitchen. Trevor was throwing his trash away and I lean on the counter. I watch him when I see him smile then look at me.

"You good?" he ask walking over to me.

"Yea... just wanted to thank you for getting me ready for this weekend"

"Yea... make sure you use a condom" he laughs and I stare at him. Damn it Camari. Just tell him. Just do it! Tell him how you feel! He starts to walk out the kitchen when I grab his arm. I walk up to him planting my lips on his and smile. I took a deep breath and look at him. He stares at me then looks down.

Just leave it. Leave it alone Camari.

"Have fun breaking ankles" I joke and he smirks and heads downstairs to Breenans room. I push my hair back and decided to head upstairs to call Ronnie. I need to start devoting all my time to him as this weekend, it's all about us.

*****

The day Prom came around, I was up early in the morning for my nail appointment. The day before Nia did my hair and today her and Tori were going to do my make-up. I settled on a French tip, and drove myself home. The house smelled amazing as my mom and Trevor's mom were in the kitchen cooking. They all were going to have a big dinner before the guys leave tomorrow.

"Hey" someone says as I come through the door. My dad was in the living room drinking a beer.

"Hey" I smile at him. "Is Nia here?"

"You know she is. Probably downstairs with your brother" my dad says. I walk to the stairs and head down to Breenan's room. Music was being played and I see Tori sitting on the futon texting away and Trevor was shirtless as he stares at the T.V.

"Hey" I said and they both look at me. "Can't say I'm surprised you guys are here and not my brother"

"Oh! You're back!" Tori says coming up to me. She grabs my hand and smiles. "Your nails are gorgeous. Nia is upstairs in your room. Let's head up and get you shaved and moisturized" Tori says slapping my ass then laughs. "We'll be back babe" she says to Trevor and I look at him.

"Alright" he says looking at her then me. I stare at him then turn around and head upstairs and Tori follows me. When we get to my room, Nia had my dress laid on my bed and she covered my desk with make-up.

"About fuckin time" Nia says and I laugh. "Alright, go shower and shave. I'm going to have to curl your hair again but that's okay" she says playing with my hair. I grab my towel and went to the bathroom. Again I spent forever in there as I was trying to shave every inch of hair off my body. I wanted to be baby smooth for tonight.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!🖤