T W E N T Y - F I V E

Trevor and I sit there in silence. I wasn't sure what to say. I'm pissed as hell. He honestly didn't have to come in bothering me. I roll my eyes and stand up. I was just about to walk away when Trevor grabs my arm.

"Camari... I was just joking" he says standing up. Just before I could say anything, the front door opens and Nia walks in. Trevor hurries to drop my hand and she stares at us. "Unbelievable" Trevor laughs leaving the living room. I look at Nia and she sends a fake smile my way.

"Your mom is here, you ready?" she says.

"Yea, let's go" I said walking to the front. I go sit in the backseat and Nia gets in on the passengers side.

"Do you have any ideas on what color you want?" my mom ask.

"No, not really" I answer.

"Well how about staps, no straps, cleavage, no cleavage. You can have an open back, or show a nice leg? Any glitter? Or layers?" Nia says looking at me.

"Umm... just a nice dress" I said and Nia laughs and turns around.

"It's okay boo, we got you" Nia said. I stare at the house as we pull away. We drove out of town to a mall that has special dresses for just Prom. I was starving but Nia told me not to eat before trying on dresses. "Alright, let's try these" Nia says pushing me into the dressing. "She'll be out to model them for you" she says to my mom. Nia closes the door and I stare at her.

"Oh... you're in here with me?" I said and she laughs.

"Come on, get undressed. Let's do this blue one first" she says. I was still strange about letting anyone see my body. Unless it was Trevor. I slowly start to get undress. "I'll buy you some thongs" Nia says looking at my panties and I laugh. "I just want you to know that it's not okay, but it's okay"

"Damn, they are just panties" I laugh.

"No not your panties. About Trevor" she says and I look at her. She stares at me then helps me in the dress. "I get why you like him"

"Nia... I don't"

"You guys grew up together. You have a lot of history. He's really cute, funny, and you guys sorta have a connection I guess"

"Nia, we're just friends"

"I'm not stupid nor blind Camari" Nia said zipping my dress up. She stands back and stares at me.

"Beautiful" she says opening the door. I take a glance in the mirror then walk out the dressing room to show my mom.

"I like it... a lot" my mom says coming up to me. "Do you?"

"Yea, it's cool" I said and they both stare at me. I laugh and shake my head.

"Alright go back in, I got another one" Nia says pushing me into the dressing room. She unzips the back and I bite my lip. "Do you even like that Ronnie guy?"

"Of course I do" I said as the dress falls to my feet.

"He seems like a really nice guy" she says taking an orange dress down off the hanger. I turn to look at her.

"He is. But... let's say I have small feelings for Trevor. I can't do anything about it"

"That is true. He has a girlfriend. Well does he like you?"

"I don't think so. I honestly believe he looks at me as his little sister"

"Well... then shouldn't you be more focused on Ronnie?"

"Yea" I said putting on the dress.

"But don't block Trevor out. He is a nice person to have around" she says zipping up the dress in the back. I stare at myself in the mirror and I smile. "Damn girl" Nia said.

"It's this one. I want this one" I said staring at my body.

"Ding, ding... I think we have a winner" Nia says opening the dressing room. I step out and my moms mouth drops.

"I love it, do you?" my mom says.

"Yes... a lot" I smile.

"Go ahead and text Ronnie, it's going to be orange" Nia said and I laugh. After my mom paid for the expensive dress, we head over to Olive Garden for dinner. The rest of the night I was thinking about what Nia said. I should be more focused on Ronnie. He seems like he truly likes me and Trevor doesn't and Trevor has a girlfriend. Trevor is my brothers best friend. I shouldn't even be mad at him that he doesn't look at me in that way. It was okay.

On Friday night, I was busy texting Ronnie while he was at work. The night before we had our first sexting conversation and that shit actually worked because I was more turned on by Ronnie.

My dad went out to have drinks with his friends and I was pretty sure it was just my mom, Breenan and I. Which this was new because we always have someone over or we're always gone.

I head downstairs to the basement and Breenan's room wasn't as trash as he use to keep it. I guess having his girlfriend and friends over all the time he tries to keep it clean. Breenan was sitting on his futon as he plays his video game.

"Hey" I said and he looks over at me.

"Yo" he says looking back at the game. I walk in and went to sit next to him. We sit in silence and he glances at me. "You alright?"

"Yea"

"How's that Ronnie kid?"

"Good" I said.

"Good" he mocks me.

"Breenan, how did you know that you liked Nia. Like really like her to the point you just wanted to be with her for a long time?" I ask and he pauses his game and looks at me.

"What? You trying to go long term with Ronnie Boy?"

"Breenan can you just answer me?"

"Umm... I don't know" he laughs. "We hung out a lot, we enjoyed the same things, she was hot"

"Well what did it for you? What was the one thing that she has or does that got you?"

"This is so gay right now" Breenan laughs and I laugh with him.

"Breenan, you can't say gay anymore. Millennials are too sensitive" I say and he laughs and shakes his head.

"I got in a trouble a lot, right? And she was always there. But this one time... we screwed up together. Huge. And we just kept it between all of us so I knew what she felt like while we went through it because I felt the same way" he says and I stare at him and he looks at his controller. "Yea... Nia is important to me, despite all the chicks out there" he adds then looks at me. "What about you? Ronnie?"

"He's cool"

"Damn, that's it?" Breenan laughs.

"Well... since you asked"

"Not really..." he laughs and I laugh too.

"There's another guy I can't stop thinking about" I say.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!🖤