S E V E N T E E N

The following morning Ronnie was picking me up and I knew I was running late. I got absolutely no sleep last night. All I've been thinking about is this stupid ass pool party and my body. Maybe after school, I can get sick. Damn, what's the fastest way to get sick?

R: Here

I grab my book-bag and hurry downstairs to Ronnie. Once in the car, he smiles at me.

"Morning" he said.

"Morning" I answer and he leans over to kiss me. Oh wow. Okay... I forgot. We kiss now.

"I'm so happy today is Friday" he says driving away from my house. "I have to go pick up some beer and a keg after school with the guys then I will be over, okay?"

"Yea... sounds good" I said and he smiles at me as he rest his hand on my thigh. I look down at his hand and smile. I look out the window the rest of the time. When we get to school, Ronnie kisses me bye and I catch up with Desi.

"So like are you guys dating now?" Desi said sticking a piece of gum in her mouth.

"I don't know. We never talked about it"

"Well get on it sista" she said and I laugh. "How'd it go yesterday?"

"Amazing. My parents love him! Like damn... I think I do too" I said and we laugh.

"And your brother?"

"Fuck Breenan" I said and Desi laughs. "Did you know Ronnie had an older sister?"

"No... I didn't" Desi said as we walk to class.

"I didn't either but apparently... my brother took her to senior prom"

"Huh? How is that possible?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Camari... your brother and Nia were dating then. Nia would never let Breenan take another girl to Prom" Desi said walking into class. Wait a minute... she's right. After Ronnie drops me off after school, I hurry upstairs to pick out which swimsuit I was going to wear today.

"Why the fuck do I have so many bikini's and I don't even swim?" I said to myself. I haven't been swimming in years. It fucks with my hair and... I can't swim. An hour in I was trying to find which bottoms look good with which top. This is unbelievable. I can't go. I have nothing to wear. I didn't eat anything today because I don't want to be bloated so I have a headache and I'm so fuckin hangry.

"Camari?" I hear my mom knock on the door.

"Yea?" I answer.

"Ronnie is downstairs" she says. Oh shit. FUCK!

"Okay... thanks. I'll be out in one moment" I stare at myself in the mirror and literally just started bawling my eyes out. I hate how I look in these. I'm too curvy and my ass is eating my bikini bottoms. My stretch marks are fuckin everywhere. My waist, my thighs, my ass, even my arms. And to make it even better... my boobs are non-existent. No. I'm not going. There is no fuckin way I'm going.

I stare at myself in my bikini and all the imperfections my body had. Damn. Why am I so hard on myself?

"What are you doing?" someone says and I jump and turn around. Trevor was walking into my room and I grab my shirt off my chair and cover myself.

"Knock much?"

"You're taking forever"

"I'm coming...maybe"

"What's wrong?" he ask and I see him stare at my eyes. He knows I've been crying. I can talk to Trevor, I mean that's why he's my Sex Ed. Teacher.

"I know you're tired of hearing about it but... my body"

"Your body is what? Sexy as hell?" he says and I look down. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just not as skinny as 90% of the white girls that are going to be there. Then the black girls... oh GOD. I can't live up to their bodies. They have those Kardashian, Beyonce, JLo type of bodies. Then on-top of that, I have stretch marks. And being a black female.... You really see my stretch marks on my body"

"Okay and?"

"And... they look disgusting. Ronnie is going to think they look gross" I said and he takes a deep breath and snatches my shirt away from me. "Trevor..." I said and he throws the shirt on the bed.

"Right here" he said putting his hand where my stretch marks are at. Or should I say one of many places. His thumbs rubs around my waist. Where the top of the stretch starts and heads to the top of my thigh. "These are natural Cami. And they are beautiful as hell. If he doesn't like them then fuck him" he says and I look at him. Is he serious?

"Can you just... make up a lie about why I can't go? Please?" I beg. Trevor bends down on his knees when he leans in to kiss where my stretch mark is located and he looks at me.

"No... you're going and you look amazing. You look better than all the girls that are going to be there Cam, I promise" he said and I stare at him. He continues to kiss my stretchmarks and I couldn't help to smile at him.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!🖤