N I N E

Breenan stares at me and I laugh.

"Hey" I said and he shakes his head.

"You serious?"

"Breenan..."

"Listen..." he interrupts me. "I'm not trying to say you have to tell me everything, but... you're my little sister"

"I'm safe, it's fine. It was nothing. Night?" I said walking away from him. I hurry back up to my bedroom and called it a night. The following morning I woke up super early to figure out what I was going to wear. I settled on an ATL shirt with my jeans shorts and my converse. It was going to have to do. When Ronnie texted me he was here, I hurry downstairs and walk outside to the front.

Ronnie's car was really nice. It was black and I wasn't sure what the brand or type was, but it was clean. I open the car door sitting in the passenger side.

"Morning" Ronnie says and I smile at him as I put my seatbelt on.

"Morning" I answer.

"Do you have any morning rituals you do? Like stop at Starbucks or something?" he says and I laugh.

"No... I don't like Starbucks"

"Really?"

"Do you?"

"No, it's gross" he says and I laugh. "Your laugh is so pretty" he adds. I didn't even know how to respond to that. I put my head down and shake my head. Oh boy. I hear him laugh and he pulls away from my house. "So plans after graduation?"

"Umm... I got accepted into the same school Breenan and Trevor go to so that's nice. I got accepted in two other schools as well so I'm just working on making my decision, how about you?"

"I think I'm probably heading to Texas, got a few offers there"

"Oh... wow. That's far"

"Yea... but don't worry, I'll be back for holidays and summer" he says smiling at me. I look down once again and my stomach starts to turn. Wait. Why is he telling me that? Is he saying it like... we're going to be dating and he wants to make sure I know that we can make long distance work? Ronnie literally could be in China and I would still date him.

We pull into school and it almost felt like everyone was looking. I get out of his car and he comes around my side. I look around at everyone and Ronnie stares at me.

"It's high school Camari... everyone is going to stare" he says putting out his hand. What the fuck? What does he want me to do? I smile and take his hand and he smirks and we walk up to the front.

We walk into the school and Ronnie walks me to my locker. I didn't even know he knew where my locker was.

"So just meet me after school at the car?"

"Yea" I said and he smiles.

"Good" he adds letting go of my hand. "I'll check you later" Ronnie turns around and walks down the hallway. I stick my head in my locker and start to freak out. When lunch came around, Desi was going on and on about how amazing Prom would be.

"Do you think it's strange?" I ask and she looks at me.

"What?"

"That Ronnie is just now interested in me?"

"What? No. He's probably always been interested in you, he was just scared to admit it" she says and I stare at her. Desi rolls her eyes then laughs. "Cami, you're thinking too hard. Don't ruin a good thing. You've talked about Ronnie like everyday of our lives, now is your chance. Don't ruin it, okay?" she says as the bell rings.

"Yea, you're right" I answer standing up and going to throw my trash away.

"Trying to go to the movies tonight?"

"Oh I can't"

"Why?" she says and I stare at her. I can't tell her about Trevor and I.

"Umm... hanging out with Breenan"

"Forreal?"

"Yea... he wants to spend as much time with me as possible before he leaves again"

"Well I guess I can't argue with that. Fine. I'll talk to you later then, love ya"

"Love you too" I said and she walks away. I walk to my next class and it made me sad that I couldn't tell my best friend about Trevor and I secret lessons we have going on. Desi and I always told each other everything.

After school, I was walking out and Ronnie was leaning on his car texting away. When I approach him, his face goes into smile and he looks at me.

"How was your day?" he said opening the door for me.

"Really good, thank you" I said getting in the car. The car ride back to the house Ronnie was playing Travis Scotts new album and to be honest, I don't see what the hype was about. I watch him as he raps a long and it was pretty cute to see. When we arrive to my house, I open the door grabbing my bag. "Thank you for the ride" I said when he grabs my arms. I turn to look at him.

"We should hang out more Camari... like outside of school and stuff"

"Really?" I said and he laughs.

"Yes, really really"

"Yea sounds good, just... text me"

"I will" he says pulling back his hand. I bite my lip and step out the car. I close the door and turn around squeezing the straps of my book-bag. I was excited about hanging out with Ronnie but I was more excited to see Trevor to know what our next lesson was. I walk inside the house and my surprise Trevor was here. He was tonguing down Tori and I wanted to puke.

"Get a room? Maybe?" I said taking off my shoes and they both look over at me.

"Oh... high school is home" Tori smiles at me. I send a fake smile her way and start to walk down to the kitchen. I stop and turn around to look at them.

"I'm confused. Why are you guys here? Trevor's house is literally right next door"

"We're waiting on Breenan" Trevor ask.

"Can you guys wait downstairs in his room for him?"

"Grr... damn babe. What's got your panties in a twist? Bad day at school?"

"No. I had a fuckin fantastic day at school Tori. But when I come home, to my house. To where I live. I would not like to see my next door neighbor and his girlfriend making out, if that's too much to ask" I said and they stare at me and Trevor laughs.

"Tell Breenan we will be outside" Trevor says standing up and grabbing Tori's hand.

"Girl don't worry, you will find a boyfriend one day. No need to be jealous" Tori smiles and they leave. God... I can't stand that hoe.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT🖤