T H R E E

R: Here

I hurry downstairs and went to open the door and Ronnie was getting out his car. He was carrying his book-bag with one strap and wearing his basketball shorts with a black t-shirt on. He walks up the house and I smile at him.

"Hey"

"Hey... seems like a lot of people are here" he said turning around and looking down the street"

"Yea, my brother has a lot of friends apparently" I say closing the door. "We're upstairs" I said walking in front of him and going up the stairs. Once we arrive in my room, the door stays open and I go sit down on my bed.

"I like it" he says looking around my room.

"Thanks" I laugh opening my literature book. Ronnie sits down on the floor by my bed and I see him pull out his homework.

"Alright so this bullshit" he says and I laugh to myself. We start the homework and the nerves in my stomach were still there. I thought they would go away and I would feel more comfortable but I didn't want to say something wrong while doing homework and he think I'm stupid or something.

Once we were finished, I was relieved. Ronnie was packing up his homework and it was still incredibly loud downstairs.

"Your brother and Trevor are basically legends around here, huh?" Ronnie says.

"I guess you can say that"

"Breenan and Trevor's basketball record are ridiculously hard to beat" he says. Cool? "They don't go to school for basketball?"

"Nope" I answer.

"That's crazy" he shakes his head throwing his book-bag to his bag. "But their senior prank a few years back" he adds and I send a fake smile his way. "That was some epic shit"

"Yea... I guess" I said and he walks to my bedroom door then turns around. What the hell was their senior prank?

"Hey, umm... what are you doing for Prom?" he says and my heart stops.

"What?" I said and he smiles and looks down.

"I mean... I was wondering if you wanted to go... to Prom with me? You know, if you didn't already have a date"

"You... don't have a date?" I ask and he laughs.

"No... I don't actually. I was saving it... to ask... you" he says and I look down and smile.

"Really? Umm yea, I would like to go to Prom with you Ronnie" I said looking up at him and he smiles.

"Cool. It'll be sweet. I'll check you later Cami" he says turning around. Once I hear him head downstairs I start to freak out. Oh shit! Desi was right! He did ask me to Prom! Oh shit... Desi was right. Does that mean, I'm going to have to have sex with him on Prom night?

I look outside my window when I saw Ronnie pull away from the house. I thought my nerves would go away but I was now nervous more than ever because I just signed my virginity away.

I head downstairs and luckily everyone stays in the kitchen or out back. I start to wonder when my parents were going to come home. I walk to the kitchen and alcohol beverages were everywhere. I look outside to see everyone enjoying their time and I go to the fridge to grab me something to drink.

I hear the back door open the close and I turn around to see Nia.

"Hey girl" she smiles while walking out the kitchen. I follow her when she heads downstairs to my brothers room. I go downstairs to see her over his bed looking through her purse.

"Hey Nia" I said and she looks over at me as she holds her phone.

"Hey boo" she smiles.

"Could I talk to you real quick?"

"What up?"

"So Prom is coming up, right? And I just want to know is it true that it's the night of hook-ups"

"I mean yea basically" she laughs. "After Prom everyone goes to the Hilton" she said and I stare at her.

"Did you?"

"Yea..." she clears her throat. "What? Do you have a special guy that you're going to hook up with on Prom?"

"I don't know" I said shaking my head.

"Cam, if you're not ready. Don't do it" she says.

"BABE! WHERE'S MY BEER?" Breenan yells from upstairs.

"Some advice?" she says and I stare at her. "I wish that the first guy I had sex with was a guy friend. Everyone always says you will remember your first and that's true. So I recommend losing your virginity to a guy who wouldn't hurt you. A close friend. Also... your guy friend will talk you through it you know? He will help you so when it's time to go do it with a real guy you like... you know what to do" she says.

"NIA!" Breenan yells again.

"Let me go get this boy his beer before I break up with him" she says walking away and I laugh. A guy friend? I don't have guy friends. All I have is Desi. I head back upstairs to my room and pull out my phone to call Desi.

"Hey Cami" she says.

"Hey... guess what?"

"What?"

"Ronnie asked me to Prom"

"ARE YOU FUCKIN SERIOUS?" she screams and I laugh. "THAT'S AMAZING CAMARI! Yay! Don't worry about anything, I'm going to plan what our Prom group is doing. Where we will take pictures, where we will go to eat and the after-prom! Well... at the Hilton of course" she laughs and I bite my lip.

"Hey Desi, do we have any guys friends?" I ask.

"Guys friends?"

"Yea"

"Why?"

"Just asking"

"Umm... I mean, Billy from art class in 6th grade was always nice to us" she says and I laugh and roll my eyes.

"Right..." I said looking down and she laughs.

"No we don't really have other friends than us" she says. "Unless you want to include your brother and Trevor. They've always been around" she says and I look up and look over at my wall. There was a picture of Breenan, me and Trevor all hugged up against each other at one of Trevor's baseball games when he was in middle school.

"Wow... you're right" I said staring at the picture. "Hey, I'll check you later"

"You good?"

"Yes" I smile.

"Alright, love you, night"

"Love you, night" I say hanging up the phone.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!🖤