N I N E T E E N

"Sorry Cami" Trevor says and I hear Breenan laughing.

"Could you please leave us alone?" I said and Trevor looks at me.

"I just jumped in... I'm not doing anything"

"You know man... I get why Breenan has a problem because that's her brother but what's your deal? Huh?" Ronnie said.

"Oh... you want to know my deal you piece of shit?" Trevor said walking up on Ronnie. Oh no.

"Guys... chill" I said standing in the middle of them. "Trevor... can we talk?" I said and he stares at Ronnie. "Trevor" I said splashing some water at him. He looks at me and I stare at him. "Get out the pool. Let's talk" I said and he shakes his head. I turn around to look at Ronnie. "I'm sorry... it'll be one moment"

"You're fine. Want a beer?" he ask.

"Yea... sure" I said and he leans over to kiss me and swims away. I take the stairs out the pool and Trevor was pulling himself out. I look over to see Tori tanning... typical. Then Breenan and Nia were wrapped up in one another. I go by some bushes and I feel Trevor follow me.

"What's up?"

"What's up? Trevor... you're worse than my brother right now"

"I'm just looking out for you"

"Are you serious?"

"Cam can you not see he's after one thing?"

"Like most guys?" I said crossing my arms and Trevor stares at me and laughs.

"If you must know, he hasn't tried anything sexual with me. So if you ask me... I don't think it's about sex" I say and Trevor stares at me. "I'm fine... and I like him Trevor. Stop trying to ruin it for me, okay?" I ask and he laughs and stares at me.

"Whatever Camari" he says walking away. I don't even know what the hell is the big deal? I need Trevor to help me get ready for sex not try to prevent it from happening. I walk back to the cabana and look across the pool to see Ronnie having a conversation with some of his friends.

"Having fun?" someone says and I look over to see Nia sitting down on her chair.

"Sure... can we talk real fast?"

"Yea what's up?" she said drying off her body.

"Do you know a Brianna Benson?" I ask and she stops drying her body and looks at me. Tori sits up and looks at us.

"Where'd you hear that name?" she ask.

"Umm... Ronnie. The guy taking me to Prom, that's his sister" I said and Nia looks at Tori then looks back at me.

"Does your brother know that?" she ask and I stare at her confused.

"So you know her?"

"No... I don't. I mean, we all went to school with her that's all"

"Why did Breenan take her to Prom when he was dating you?"

"Camari... where is this coming from?" Tori ask.

"I'm just curious"

"Alight... yea. Breenan took her to Prom. We were in a fight at the time and we temporarily broke up and he took her to Prom to make me jealous. I mean nothing happened... that's all" she said.

"Oh..." I said and she stares at me.

"What... did her bro say something?" Tori ask.

"No. Like I said... I was just curious" I said walking over to sit down. I felt the girl stare at me then look away. Why does everyone go ghost face when I ask about this girl? Maybe I need to ask Ronnie about her.

I lay down under the cabana and Desi came to lay next to me. We pretend we were tanning and carried on our conversation. Finally Ronnie comes back over to the cabana and sits down next to me.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to stay over there" he apologizes.

"No you're fine" I said sitting up and looking at him and he hands me a beer. "Could we talk?" I ask and he looks at me.

"Yea sure" he says.

"Umm... your sister" I said and he clears his throat.

"What about her?"

"Umm..." I start to think. What the hell was I planning to ask him? "Listen... I think I know what happened"

"What?"

"My brother was the ultimate playboy in school. I get him and Nia broke up temporarily then he took your sister out and probably dumped her to get back with Nia. But I promise, my brother is not an evil person. Okay? So I just feel like you guys need to squash the beef and move on" I said and he stares at me and smiles.

"Yea, you're right. I was mad about that but for you... anything" he says and I smile at him.

"Bringing me to this..."

"Wow, theres more?" he laughs.

"What are you trying to get out of this?" I ask.

"What?"

"You and me. Like... this was hella random. And it's at the end of the school year. I just want to know why have you taken interest in me?"

"Yea my timing is bad. I apologize. And I've always had an eye for you Camari. I don't know I was just nervous to do something about it. Now that it's the end of the year, I decided to shoot my shot. Just because I know if you had said no... it'll been cool because it's the end of the year" he laughs and I smile.

"So... this isn't about sleeping with me?" I said and he stares at me.

"No. This is not about sleeping you. Wow... do I come off that way?"

"No! I was just... I don't know. I just had to ask"

"Camari... the last thing I want to do is to make you feel uncomfortable around me. Look... if you have second guesses about Prom we don't have to go. Or... although, I fuck with you and I wouldn't mind seeing where things go... we honestly can just go as friends"

"No!" I said and he lifts his eye brow. "I mean... sorry. No... I like the way things are going. I don't feel uncomfortable around you. Please can we just act like this conversation never happened?"

"No, I'm happy it did. I would never cross your boundaries, okay?" he says and I smile.

"Okay" I answer leaning over to kiss him.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!🖤