T H I R T Y - N I N E

"You look good Cam" Breenan says and I laugh. It was the best compliment I was going to get out of him.

"Thanks Breenan" I said as we pose and my mom takes pictures of us.

"Need some with Trevor, then lets do groups again" my mom says. I look over at Trevor and he was staring at me. I walk over to him and smile and he looks me up and down. He clears his throat and looks around probably hoping no one saw him check me out. He opens his mouth then closes it and I smile. Speechless? I got him speechless?

"Camari... you're breathtaking" he says and my smile leaves my face. He can't say things like that to me. He's not allowed to because here I go... falling for him all over again.

"Come on Cam" my mom says. I turn around and stand next to Trevor and he rest his hand on the small on my back as we pose for a picture.

"I guess I'll get in some too" Breenan says walking over to us.

"It's only right, I have some too" Desi says going on the other side of Trevor. We all laugh and Trevor's hand drops from my back as Breenan and Desi join us. I look down as his hand sits by his side. Should I grab it? I want to grab it. What if he doesn't grab back? That would be so embarrassing. I slowly grab his hand and to my surprise, we lock hands and I couldn't help to smile so big for the camera.

"We should get the move on" Ronnie says and we look at him. "Everyone is waiting for us at dinner"

"Oh... right. His people" Desi says walking back over to Trey. I laugh and roll my eyes at her.

"Alright. You kids have fun. Be safe" my dad says

"Camari... as much as we know. You love having Trevor around, he can't go with you" my mom said and I look at her confused.

"What?" I said. I look down to see me still holding Trevor's hand. I let go and look at him. "Sorry..." I say and he sticks his hand in his pocket.

"Have fun kid" he says and I smile at him. I walk over to Ronnie and he grabs my hand.

"Please be safe and text me if you have any problems" my mom says and I smile at her. We leave the house and Desi, Trey and I pile into Ronnie's car. My parents wave at us one more time before Ronnie pulls away. I look over at Ronnie and he was rubbing his chin.

"You okay?" I ask and he looks at me.

"Yea..." he says sitting up.

"Where are we eating?" Desi ask.

"Olive Garden" Ronnie answers.

"Just a bunch of black kids strolling into Olive Garden" Trey says and we laugh. When we arrive to the restaurant, Ronnie grabs my hand and we walk inside. It wasn't hard spotting out his friends as they were in their Prom outfits. We go and take our seats and ordered our food. Ronnie was occupied on his phone and I couldn't help but stare at him. It was like something was bothering him.

"Hey" I said grabbing his hand. He bites his lip and looks at me. "What's wrong?"

"You're not getting cold feet on us, are you Ronnie boy?" one of the guys say. The other guys at the table start laughing. I look at them and back to Ronnie. He stares at me then to his friend.

"Of course not. We're here, aren't we?" he answers.

"Then stop acting like a little bitch bro" his other friend says and they laugh. I look at Desi and she rolls her eyes and leans her head on Trey. After dinner, we were walking back to the car and Ronnie was not talking much.

"Do you not want to go to Prom with me anymore?" I ask and he looks at me confused.

"What? No. Camari... I'm ecstatic that we're going to Prom together"

"Then why does it seem like something is bothering you?"

"I just have a lot on my mind"

"Like what?"

"Well... one of those things being. I think my girlfriend has a crush on her brothers best friend" he says and I stare at him.

"Trevor? No. I told you, I don't"

"Yea... I know you told me but seeing it in person is a whole other story" he says standing in front of me.

"Honestly?" I ask.

"Go"

"I just think he's cute. I'm sorry... but that's all. I don't see him in other way. I'm with you and I like you Ronnie, I promise" I said.

"Just wanted to make sure" he says walking up to me wrapping his hands around to my ass. "This won't work if I don't have all your feelings involved" he adds bending down to kiss me.

"YO! Save it for tonight!" one of the guys yell and they all start laughing. Ronnie breaks our kiss by laughing then looks up at his friends.

"Let's go to Prom" he says grabbing my hand and we go to the car. As we pull up to Prom, we made the mistake of driving, and we were stuck finding a place to park. The guys drop us off in the front, as they went to park the car. I was not going to walk too far in these heels.

"Your bag will be in your room" Desi says and I look at her. "Trey will put it there. I stuck some condoms in there but..." she says pulling out a small package from her bra. "Here is an extra one, just in-case" she says handing it to me and I roll my eyes snatching it.

"Thanks" I said and she laughs.

"You ladies ready?" Ronnie says joining us and grabbing my hand. I smile at him as we make our way in. We took the corny photos by the welcoming sign and headed inside to the actual Prom. It was full with the senior class and the DJ was playing old Chris Brown.

"Love this song" Desi says grabbing Trey and they head to the dance floor. Damn. I was so focus on sex and Trevor, that I honestly forgot we have to actually dance at Prom. Someone comes up to Ronnie and whispers in his ear then hands him something. Ronnie slips it in his pocket and looks at me.

"Ready to dance?"

"Yea" I said and he grabs my hand and pulls me to the dance floor. We go by Desi and Trey and Ronnie turns around to smile at me, grabbing my hips. "What did that guy give you?" I ask Ronnie.

"Nothing" he answers and I stare at him. I bite my lip and that's when Desi comes over to me and starts swaying my hips back and forth. I laugh and turn around to her when I feel Ronnie come up against me resting his hands on my waist.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!🖤