F O U R T E E N

I'm so confused why they truly believe they can control my life. I place my fingers on my lips and replay kissing Trevor again. He said I'm getting good and that only means I'm ready to kiss Ronnie.

After school the following day, Ronnie drops me off. He was going to come by around 8pm and I was excited. I was upstairs taking a shower when Desi called. I hurry to jump out to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe, we didn't get to talk that much in school. Where were you at lunch?" she asked.

"I'm sorry... I was in the library. I forgot to read last night and we had that quiz today"

"I can't believe you're still trying in school" she adds and I laugh. "You all ready for Ronnie to come over?" Butterflies attack my stomach as time was getting closer for Ronnie to meet my family.

"Yea... I think everyone is going to like Trevor. He's completely perfect"

"Trevor?"

"What?"

"You said Trevor..."

"Oh shit. My bad, you know I meant Ronnie" I laugh and she giggles.

"Right... well just let me know after how it goes"

"I will"

"Alrighty, talk to you later"

"Bye" I said and we get off the phone. I went back to my bedroom to find something to wear. I didn't want to try too hard but I didn't want to settle on a t-shirt. I went with a dark green blouse and my black leggings. I went back to the bathroom to straighten my hair and put on a little eye make-up. I start to smell spaghetti and went downstairs.

I walk in the kitchen and my mom was playing Bobby Brown on the speaker as she was cooking.

"Smells good mom" I said and she looks at me.

"Thank you. I want it to be good for your little boyfriend"

"He's not my boyfriend..."

"He's not your boyfriend yet. You'll get there, don't worry" she smiles and I shake my head.

"Damn it smells amazing" someone says and I turn around and Trevor was coming into the kitchen without a shirt on. I lean back on the counter to stare at his sweaty torso. He looks at me, sending a smirk then looks at my mom.

"Thank you Trevor" my mom said and Trevor walks over to her to look over the stove. I continue to stare at him and I roll my eyes. What the hell am I doing? I've seen Trevor shirtless plenty of times, why is this any different. "You and Breenan been outside all day, go get cleaned up before Cami's date gets here. We all need to make a great impression, my baby about to have her first boyfriend"

"Mom..." I said and Trevor laughs.

"Yea... we will see" Trevor says looking at me before walking out the kitchen.

"What does that mean?" my mom ask and I look at her.

"Mom... get them! They have literally been on my case about this guy asking me to Prom"

"They're just looking out for you Camari. That's what older brothers do" she says and I roll my eyes. When time came around, someone knocks on the door and again... butterflies attack my stomach. I look at myself in the mirror and went to answer the door. Ronnie smiles at me and damn... he is so fine.

"Hey" he said.

"Hi" I answer leaning my head on the door. He laughs and looks down.

"Can I come in?" he says.

"Oh yea" I say opening the door more. "Thank you for coming" I said as he steps in.

"Thanks for having me" he says and I close the door.

"If my family gets too much, you're allowed to leave I swear I won't get mad at you" I say and he laughs.

"Nawh, I'm sure it'll be okay" We emerge into the dining room and my dad was literally the only one sitting down.

"Dad, this is Ronnie. Ronnie this is my dad Marcus"

"Nice to meet you" Ronnie says shaking his hand.

"You too my boy" my dad smiles.

"Alright... dinner is ready" my mom says coming into the dining room.

"And this is my mom Sharlene" I say.

"Nice to meet you" Ronnie says.

"You too, wow you're handsome" my mom smiles and I roll my eyes. Great.

"Thank you" Ronnie laughs. We all sit down at the table when Trevor and Breenan join us. I didn't want to introduce them. Just because I knew Ronnie knew them and Breenan is annoying. We all start digging at our food.

"How long have you guys known each other?" my dad asked.

"Uhh... I remember being in Mrs. Relishes class with Cami in 2nd grade. Then on... we became friends and here we are" Ronnie answers and I look at him. He remembers when and where we met?

"Awh that's really nice" my mom says and I smile at him.

"So like... what's your past relationships look like?" Breenan says out of the blue and Trevor laughs. I look over at them in disgust.

"Breenan, what the hell?" I said.

"Camari... language" my mom says.

"I'm just curious" Breenan says.

"I'm a little curious too. I mean... what do you have to offer to Camari" Trevor says.

"Mom!" I said.

"Guys... calm down" my mom said.

"No, it's fine" Ronnie laughs. "Umm... I have only had one real relationship and we broke up because she moved to another state but we're still friends. Other than that nothing serious"

"So you were just playing the field?" Trevor asked and Breenan starts laughing.

"No, not really. I've been really focus on myself and my family. I work a lot, I'm trying to make valedictorian, I help pay bills, then there is school, college, and I'm just really focus on a bright future, but you know... believe what you want" Ronnie says and I stare at him. Damn, he's more amazing than I thought.

"Wow, looks like you have it all together" my mom says.

"I try" Ronnie says and I look across the table at Breenan and Trevor and they continue to eat their food. "But Breenan, Trevor... you guys were basically all stars in school" Ronnie says and they laugh.

"Appreciate it bro. Did you play?" Breenan asked.

"Nawh, but my sister was a cheerleader, so I always came to every game. You might know her actually" Ronnie says.

"Your sister? Did she graduate the same year of us?"

"Yea she did but you actually took her to Prom senior year" Ronnie says. Breenan stares at him and I see Trevor put down his fork and look up.

"Brianna Benson... is your sister?" Breenan ask.

"Sure is" Ronnie says and they stare at each other. Trevor looks over at me then leans back in his chair. Did I miss something?

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!🖤