E I G H T

When I get inside the house, Breenan was coming downstairs. I was confused because his room was in the basement. He stops and looks me up and down.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" he ask and I look down at my outfit.

"Clothes?" I answer and he looks at me sideways.

"Where are you coming from?"

"Doesn't matter, stop questioning me" I roll my eyes heading to the stairs.

"Why are you being so secretive?" Breenan says.

"Hey, what's going on?" my dad says coming to the steps.

"Your daughter out here sneaking around" Breenan says.

"No I'm not! Breenan shut up!"

"Dad, look at her outfit. And I don't know how she got home if her car is here and Desi doesn't even have her own ride" Breenan says.

"Who were you were with Cami?" my dad ask.

"No one! Can you guys leave me alone?" I said hurrying upstairs to my bedroom. I shut the door and lock it and roll my eyes. Damn, if Breenan is coming home at any time of the night without a shirt on, no one ask questions. But I come home in the evening with a crop top and I'm being sneaky. Damn. I hurry to change out my outfit and went to sit on my bed to work on some of my homework.

Time pass by and I heard my dad yell for dinner but I didn't feel like being questioned about my whereabouts so I pretended I was sleep. It came around one in the morning, and I felt like everyone was sleep and I went to take a shower. I walk back into my bedroom when my phone beeps and I look over to see it's Ronnie.

R: Hey, Srry it's so late, jus wanted to know if I can pick u up in the morning and take u to school?

What? WHAT! Ronnie Benson wants to drive me to school. Why the hell is this happening now? I've had a crush on him my entire life and now it's near the end of the school year. The time where we all are about to go our separate ways, and he's just now being this friendly to me? I start to pace around my room. Should I go to school with him? What would people say? Does this mean he's taking me home? I stare at the text message then went to text Trevor.

C: Trevor, are you awake?

There was no response and I knew he was sleep. I have to respond now to Ronnie, it'll be too late if I respond in the morning. But what do I say? I change into some shorts and a tank-top, then I grab my phone and leave out my bedroom and head downstairs. The house was quiet, and I went through the back door. When Breenan, Trevor and I were younger, we use to climb our trees that sat in the middle of the yards to get inside each others houses without having to take the front door.

"God! Please help me climb" I say to myself as I climb the tree. I haven't done this in years but the tree never changed. I get up to the little roof and there Trevor's room is. The light was off and I went to squat next to the window and I knock on it. I see Trevor asleep in his bed and he doesn't budge. I knock on the window again and he slowly turns around to me. I wave at him and he slowly gets out of bed. He walks over to the window opening it and I hop into his bedroom. "Thanks" I said looking at his stomach before I come to contact with his face.

"What--- is there an emergency?"

"Yes! Look!" I show Trevor my phone and he takes it then reads the text. He looks at me and I stare at him. "Well?"

"Camari... you did not wake me up at almost 2am because a guy texted you"

"Not a guy... did you see the name? It's Ronnie"

"And?"

"And... he wants to drive me to school"

"And?"

"And... I don't know what to say"

"Do you want to ride to school with him?"

"I guess" I answer and Trevor shakes his head and starts to type on my phone. I hear the send noise and he hands me my phone.

"There... is there anything else I could help you with?"

"I don't think so"

"Good, now get out" he says.

"Fine" I said walking back over to the window. He grabs my arm and I look at him.

"Maybe you should use the front door"

"I came up this way" I said and he stares at me and I smile. "Trevor, I'll be fine" I said sticking my leg onto the roof. I slowly take my time getting back over to the tree and climbing down. Once my feet hit the ground, I look up and Trevor was looking at me. I turn around and head back to my house.

I quietly come back in the house shutting the back door close. I smile and look down at my phone as I hear the fridge shut. I look over to see Breenan staring at me.

Oh brother......

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!🖤