S E V E N

"Oh... umm yea" I said. What the fuck? Did I just say... "yea". He laughs as he ties my shoes then stands up.

"Damn, it's fly as hell out here" Ronnie says staring at my shoe. I stand up and look down at them.

"Wow" I said. What else was I going to say? They're just shoes.

"Damn, you look good" he says and I laugh.

"I really like them"

"And they are only $110.00" he says and I stare at him.

"Oh"

"Yea, they're new" he smiles. "You want them?" Of course I don't want them. I can stick with my converse but what the hell. I can't say no. That would kill the mood. I don't have the money for the shoes. I don't have a job.

"I sure do" I said sitting down and he squats down taking off the shoe.

"Aye, good!" he said putting it in the box. "I'll go put them on the front counter for you.

"Thank you, I'll be up there in a minute" I said. He smiles and stands up, then walks away. I grab my converse and I hurry over to Trevor who was still looking at some shoes. "Hey" I said and he looks at me and smile.

"How'd it go?"

"Good, umm..."

"He was staring at your ass while you were walking over to the wall"

"Really?" I smile.

"Didn't sit right with me" Trevor jokes and I roll my eyes.

"I need money"

"For?"

"To buy some shoes"

"Where's your money? And why are you buying shoes? We came here so you could flirt"

"I don't have much money right now and because the entire time we flirted it was over some shoes and it'll be so stupid if I didn't buy them and I told him how much I liked them. Please come on Trevor" I said and he laughs pulling out his wallet.

"How much Cami?" he ask.

"Just... a hundred and ten"

"A hundred and ten? What the fuck?"

"They're puma!"

"Camari..."

"Trevor please!" I beg and he stares at me.

"Damn it Camari" he says counting the money then handing it to me. "Next time, get some fuckin five dollar flip-flops" he says and I smile and walk away from him to the front. Ronnie was behind the counter and looks up at me as I approach him.

"Ready?"

"Yea" I said and he scans my shoes and puts the box in a bag.

"So have you picked a color for us?" he ask and I look at him confused.

"Color?"

"For Prom?" he says.

"Oh yea. No I've been searching through a bunch of dresses, don't worry. You will know soon" I smile at him.

"Good, yea just let me know. I guess it's pretty important that I match colors with you" he says and I smile. "Here you go" he hands me the bag and I take it.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome. And you look... really good"

"Thank you Ronnie, I'll see you at school?"

"Yea" he smiles and I turn around to walk away. Once I get out of Foot Locker, Trevor was waiting for me by a bench.

"You have to wear those Pumas every fucking day till the day you die, I swear" he says as I approach him and I laugh.

"Thank you Trevor"

"Yea yea" he says walking ahead of me. Today went smooth, I flirted, I felt confident, and I got a pair of shoes that I didn't have to pay for. When we get back to the house, I literally could not smiling.

"Thank you Trevor... like seriously" I said as he walks around the car and he laughs.

"Yea, no problem"

"When's lesson two?"

"Yea you mastered this first lesson pretty fast. We will continue tomorrow around 6pm"

"At the shed?"

"Yea..."

"Good" I smile and I go up to hug him. "I'll see you tomorrow" I said turning around and walking back to my house.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!🖤