T W E N T Y

The rest of the time at the pool, Ronnie stays by side. We ended up getting back in the pool and made sure to stay clear of anyone who was about to jump in. When it was getting super late, everyone was leaving and I was shivering.

"Please don't hate me" Ronnie says and I look at him.

"What?"

"Having a dad who's apart of the city council can have pros but also cons. As in me being his clean-up crew"

"Oh" I laugh.

"Yea... I have to stay back and do some cleaning or they will never let us do anything ever again" Ronnie says digging through his book-bag.

"That's fine... I don't mind helping you clean" I said and he hands me his shirt he was wearing earlier. "Thanks" I said putting it on.

"Camari... you don't have to"

"No... it's fine" I said putting my bags down and Ronnie smiles and grabs my hand and we walk over to the clean-up crew. I grab a trash-bag and started to help pick up the trash.

"YO CAM!" someone yells and I look over to see Breenan coming up to me. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Umm... helping Ronnie clean up?" I said.

"You serious?" he said and Ronnie walks up to us. "Dude... no offense, but it's about to pitch dark in about 15 minutes and I don't want my sister out here that late on this side of the city"

"Breenan..." I said.

"No, he's right Camari" Ronnie says and I look at her. "There are a lot of assholes out here this time of the night and I can't keep my eye on you the entire time while we're cleaning" he says and I stare at him. "Have your brother take you home and I'll just text you or something?"

"You sure?"

"Yea" he says leaning in to kiss me. "Night" he says turning around walking back over to the clean-up crew. I watch him then turn around to everyone.

"He's sweet" Nia said and I smile at her.

"Alright..." I said looking at Breenan.

"I'm actually riding with Nia. Trevor's driving the truck back to the house... so you and Tori ride with him" Breenan said and I look over and Trevor was dangling the keys.

"Alight... I have to go get my bag"

"Already picked it up" Breenan says giving it to me.

"Oh... thanks" I said as we walk out the pool gates. I go to the truck getting into the back and Tori and Trevor get in. I stare at Ronnie as we leave the pool. I lean my head back against the seat as this day started off extremely scary but ended great. Trevor and Tori carried on a conversation and I watch as Tori leans her head on Trevor as he drives. When she's not drunk, she's cute. We pull up at Tori's house and she sighs as she opens the door.

"You're not coming in Trev?" she asked.

"I have to take Camari home" Trevor answers.

"Cam wouldn't mind giving us a few, right?" Tori winks at me.

"Oh, go for it?" I said.

"I'll come by tomorrow Tori... I'm tired anyway" Trevor says.

"Fine" she says grabbing her bag.

"Love you" Trevor said and she smiles and leans over to kiss him.

"Love you too" she said closing the door. We waited until Tori was inside when Trevor starts driving. I lean my head on the window and a Miguel songs echoes in the car.

We pull into the drive-way and I realize Trevor and I haven't exchanged one word the entire time. I get out grabbing my bag and shut the door.

"Here" Trevor says handing me Breenan's keys.

"Thanks" I said looking at him.

"I hope you had fun tonight and I'll see you later" he says walking towards his house. I stare at him and walk to my house unlocking the door. Trevor's not mad at me, right? He can't be. There is nothing to be mad about.

After my shower, I change into some shorts and a new tank-top. I bite my lip and stare at myself in the mirror. Did I say night to Trevor? I don't think I did and he took time to say night to me. I should probably go say night. I leave my bedroom and head downstairs. It was quiet in the house, so that makes me believe Breenan was staying at Nia's tonight. I go out the back door and slowly make my way over to our special tree. I start to climb it, continue to pay to God that I don't fall. Once I make it to the roof, Trevor's light was on and he walks into his bedroom shirtless. I knock on the window and he looks over at me.

I take a deep breath as I open the window and step in his bedroom. He stares at me and I clear my throat.

"Umm... I don't think I got to say good night" I said and he smirks then looks down. He turns off his light in the bedroom and the moon reflects off the walls. I see Trevor walk over to his bed and he pats it then looks at me.

"Is that all or are you trying to go to bed?" he said getting under the blanket.

"Right now? With you?" I said.

"I mean... you're here. Might as well, right?" he said and I stare at him. Is he serious? The last time I had a sleepover with Trevor was when he had to babysit me back in elementary. I close his window and went to go get under the blankets next to him.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!🖤