Chapter 33: A Sea Of Stars

Children from various families all seemed to crowd around us at a respectful distance. I guessed at the time that the parents of the children had forced them to come and listen to what the headmaster had to say.

The headmaster had cleared his throat before saying clearly " Young Yuki, your father said you were in need of a fundamental earth arts teacher, since you have a bit of an issue with control. So we had spoken to arrange a new teacher a few months ago."

He looked over to his side where the earth arts teach Lady Yu had been standing. She had her hands clasped behind her back and I was sure her back could not stand any straighter. She looked as sharp as a knife.

She looked at me up and down before saying. " Young Mr Akiyo, I am sure I do not need to introduce myself. The time one first learns magic is not only confusing, but can also be overwhelming. We will have one year together where you will be my apprentice. Fail to live up to my expectations then I will not teach you it is that simple." her voice was so stern it made my back stand a little straighten then it normally would.

[ Whoa Lady Yu? Will teach me!? ]

I nodded before saying " Yes Teacher Yu!" before bowing low.

Whispers filled the hall.

" She is taking in that Akiyo boy? He has it rough! " mumbled a young boy dressed like a peacock.

" My brother says she is really hard on people " whispered a young girl.

" Is he being punished? " said another crowd member.

[ Harsh huh? Well at least I know my magic will be strong after it! ]

The look of determination must have shown on my face and lady Yu merely ignored the whispers and nodded at me before walking off.

The headmaster trailing not far behind her.

"Congratulations young master, it looks like you have been given a fantastic teacher!" said a voice from behind me.

It was Ki she was smiling wide and looked at me while she grinned. I said back at her and grinned to. The princess had then latched back on to my arm and gave Ki a dirty look.

[ I can't even talk to other people? Dating you would be a nightmare! ]

I coughed to break up the awkward atmosphere and tried to excuse myself.

" I haven't seen Ren or Riku yet, I'd like to go find them if you would excuse me" I said out loud as I tried to escape.

" Can't you take me with you? " Pouted the princess.

" Sister, he is the guest of honor tonight, you will have plenty of time to play with him later! " the crown prince said looking at my discomfited expression.

" It's not fair..." the princess said as she let go of my arm.

I looked at the two princes and said my goodbyes before taking one last look at the princess. Her face looked like she wanted to say something but stopped herself. I didn't want to deal with her gloomy expression so I left.

"Are you sure that was wise Yuki?" Kibbles voice mewed in my head.

[ Uhh... now that I think about it I was a bit rude ]

" Mmm remember meowster, the old Yuki and the princess almost spent everyday together, now she barely sees you at all. I am sure she is not feeling too happy about it" Kibbles responded sensibly.

[ How can I get along with someone who doesn't understand personal space? ]

I huffed a little and my steps became a little forced. It took me ten minutes to finally track down Riku and Ren who were surrounded by ladies of the court.