Chapter 43: Stuck (Part 4)

Kibbles, Puff and I were all laying down heaving and puffing from exhaustion. After lunch Kibbles and I spent the afternoon asking Puff as many yes or no questions that we could think of in regards to magic.

Puff then tried to draw things on the ground which to both Kibbles and I ,looked liked scribbles. Then we moved on to trying to act out what we thought magic would look like.. most of the time Puff would just shake its head in a no but sometimes there were breakthroughs in the conversation.

This continued on till we all fell over unable to ask any more questions.

" Hey Puff, do we know enough to at least learn a little magic?" I said panting.

Puff looked over at me, its little dragon body moving up and down trying to take in as much oxygen as it could.

It looked at me for a while, then looked at Kibbles and nodded once.

" YES! YUKI YOU HEAR THAT!? WE CAN TRY MAGIC NOW!" Kibbles yelled excitedly.

He jumped up from laying on his back and rushed over to me. The look in his eyes was sheer excitement.

It was like the Kibbles I first received and the Kibbles in front of me were two different beings. He no longer called me " Meowster" but " Yuki".

He has gone from someone who merely gave advice when I needed it. To someone who could be excited about magic and life in general.

He wasn't calm anymore but highly excitable. In a lot of ways he had become very childlike, exploring the world, he was truly looking at the world through his own eyes. For better or for worse.

I still cringe thinking about all the miscellaneous objects he had " found" to show me. Spirit beasts that look like spiders and snakes being on the top of the list.

I looked at him. He was standing right over me as I lay on the ground. His hands were on his hips to balance himself and his face was right near my own.

I could feel his hot breath tickling my nose. Kibble's black and red hair fell over my cheeks and ears like a waterfall. The smell of earth and sweat was strong. It took every inch of willpower to stop myself from grabbing him and doing something stupid.

It must have been all the time that I had spent with him alone in the woods making me see him differently. I mean, I do have adult urges and we have been alone in the woods camping and exploring.

If this were back on Earth it could have been considered a date right?

My last thought left my mind a little murky.

Staring up at him I was left slightly confused. I couldn't help but look down to his well-defined stomach and to the lining of his pants. The way his hips were shaped reminded me of a set of lights at an airport telling you where to fly the plane.

I smiled with my biggest plastic grin as I reminded myself that he was and always will be Kibbles. My chest was left with murky feelings.

I looked up at his face before I gently rubbed his forehead down to his well-shaped nose with two of my fingers. I took my time to reach the tip of his nose and poked it gently.

His slitted green eyes stared at me confused.

[ He is just my cat, right? ]

"You are too close " I mumbled.

"Oh sorry!" Kibbles said with an apologetic look.

He sat on the ground next to me.

" Yuki, you think when we get out of here, I will keep being a cat? " Kibbles said while deep in thought.