Chapter 51: Friends Or Foes?

After I had finished with my check up we made our way down to the schools exit. Lady Yu had looked at me with an inexplicable expression before saying " The king has summoned you. Please head there before you go home. I shall see you soon for our first lesson"

She promptly turned and left.

I rushed up to Ki and Ren with a smile.

" Did you both miss me? We can finally talk now!" I said with a wide grin.

" Mm we missed you lots young master!" Ki said as she wrapped her arms around me tightly.

" I wonder what the king wants!" I said in Ki's embrace.

" We are just going to have to find out! " Ren said and nodded.

The carriage ride was very quiet. Ki and Ren were both staring at me while I got used to moving my body again. We spoke a little but not much.

Something felt wrong.

" I sure am glad to have friends like you!" I smiled a plastic smile trying to bring up the mood.

" Yuki!" Ren said as he looked at me shocked.

He held out his fist.

I fist bumped him and he smiled brightly.

" What just happened?" Ki said bewildered.

We spent the rest of the way just had Ren had once done with Riku teaching Ki our friendship sign.

Finally, we got up to the palace.

Ki, Ren, and Kibbles were made to wait as I was ushered into a room that everyone in the royal family was sitting at.

Their expressions were gloomy.

It was at this moment everything that I had known would come crashing down.

As they spoke my mind became more filled with questions than answers.

[ I have been spending so much time trying to be Yuki that I had forgotten about how the previous Yuki must have felt ]

[ Why did he become such a jerk to the princess in the first place? ]

[ What made him turn into the uncaring fool that the gamer had met in Romance Fantasy ++? ]

I knew now, at this moment surrounded by people.

I was sitting in a room in the royal castle. I had been excitedly saying that my heart was fixed to Ren as we made our way here. I was so excited to get my powers, as well as my heart, fixed that I failed to realise the looks on Ren and Ki's faces as we got summoned by the emperor.

I had failed to notice that everyone from Madam Yu to my own maid had been hiding things from me. That my heart that was just repaired would be instantly broken again.

" Your mother was killed due to poisoning and your father is missing in action on the border." The emperor said bluntly to me.

" You have got to be kidding! Who would poison my mother?!" I responded angrily.

None of this should have happened. I shouldn't have gone to get my magic tested. I should have been there for my mother.

Ren and Ki, where were they?!

" YOU'RE LYING! I was only asleep for a week! " I said as I slammed my hand on the table.

The guards around each exit flinched and drew their swords.

" Yuki! You can't yell at father like that" the crown prince Leo warned.

" You are telling me that my mother is dead and my father is missing and you are angry that I am yelling?! How dare-" I spat.