Chapter 69: Faceslapping

The carriage was moving faster and faster to escape from the angry spirit beast. Wind magic had accumulated on the person who was chasing after the carriage and they shot a blade of wind on the leg of the baskahound.

The basakhound seemed to lose its balance for a moment before balancing itself with its tail. It slid for a moment before the masked person sped up with their mount to the side of the carriage. Wind magic surrounded both the person and their mount so being faster than the baskahound wasn't too hard.

The masked person jumped from their mount and landed on top my carriage with a thunk before firing off a steady stream of arrows from their quiver. I couldn't see what was happening but the sounds were enough to clue me into what was happening.

Since there could be spies I was not allowed to use magic. All I could do was helplessly sit here and hope then Ren would protect me like he always had.

[ But why was Sora here? ]

" You in the carriage are you okay? " called the familiar voice.

" mm just shaken, " I said in a short and feminine tone.

A few more arrow sounds were heard before an ear piercing screech was sounded from the baskahound.

Next, there was the flash of water and another whoosh from a wind blade. Not being able to see was making me nervous so I poked my head out the window.

Ki carriage was coming up from behind followed by the rest of the carriages they were a fair distance away but they were close enough to cause some long distant damage.

The baskahound had an eye missing and blood trailing from its tail. It looked like it just about had enough of the barrage as it jumped off the road and headed into the forest to the left of us.

We kept racing for a little longer before Ren pulled the cart over.

As the carriage stopped I was thrown into the side of the wall. A slight bit of blood was trickling from my eyebrow as I had unsteadily walked out of the carriage.

I was caught quickly by Sora who was currently disguised.

" YUNA!" Ren called in his disguised voice.

He ran up to take me away from Sora.

" Your name young hero?" I said clutching my head.

" I didn't realize there was such a fair maiden in this carriage. I am truly glad I have come to your rescue. My name doesn't matter I shall be leaving now" Sora said with a blush and a bow.

[ How cheesy! ]

I thought to myself as the rest of the carriages caught up.

" No wait, please stay a little, you are this one's savior" I said in my faux lady voice.

" I could not do such a thing!" Sora struggled out the worlds.

[ This side of Sora is really funny! He is acting like those dumb guards. A little payback for him trying to kill me won't hurt, right? ]

I wobbled up to Sora with slow steps and deliberately fell into his arms. He caught me and the smell of the forest assaulted my nostrils. It seemed he had been following us for quite some time.

I felt Sora's body temperature instantly rise and he touched my back before standing me back up gently.

" You should sit d..do..down! I'm leaving!" Sora said as he covered his face with one hand and raced into the forest.

[ It looks like he believes I am not Yuki. We shouldn't be followed anymore ]

I could feel Ren trying to stop his killing aura and looked at him before I winked.