Chapter 45: The Escape (Part 1)

As my vision cleared I looked over to see Kibbles stare at me in amazement.

" YUKI YOU'RE AWAKE!" He said happily as he jumped on me. He rubbed his face up against mine as if he was a puppy after seeing their owner come back from a holiday.

My whole body felt stiff. I ignored Kibbles for a second to stretch.

" Of course I am awake! " I said with a parched throat.

" I thought you were going to leave me all alone here!" Kibbles sniffed looking up at me.

" What do you mean?" I said in a questioning tone.

" YOU HAVE BEEN ASLEEP FOREVER!" Kibbles screamed as he dived into my arms. All his grievances came out like a waterfall on my chest.

I at first thought he was being melodramatic but after noticing how long Kibble's hair had grown, I began to worry. His hair had wrapped around my body like a blanket as he grumbled on my chest.

" You said you would be right back! RIGHT BACK REMEMBER YUKI?! And I waited and waited! All this time, I thought something bad had happened!" He said pitifully.

He buried his head in to my chest more.

"I am sorry for sleeping so long, I really didn't mean to scare you," I said as I patted his head.

The crying went on for a little longer as I soothed him like one would a child. He finally sat up. His face looked a lot more mature than it had been before.

" How long was I asleep for exactly?" I said startled.

I sat up and as I did my own hair reached near my butt.

" It was so long I had lost, count Yuki.." Kibbles said as he lifted me up gently.

" Don't scare me like that again okay?!" Kibbles said as he hugged me.

" Mm, I will try not to," I whispered into his ear.

At that moment Puff had come to our side. He now came up to my waist. He looked up at me and nodded once as he used his head to gesture for us to leave the cave.

The light strained my eyes. I simply kept them closed as Kibbles dragged me out by the arm.

I closed my eyes and simply allowed Kibbles to lead me to the log to sit. For some reason, the way I saw the world here was very different. I could feel the Earth under my feet pulsate as if it were alive, I could feel the log underneath me completely void of life and the trees all around were singing.

I opened my eyes slowly.

{ Level 1 Earth has become available 60 DD }

{ Level 1 Fire Magic has become available 60 DD }

The sounds of the system chimed in my ears as my vision began to clear.

Being asleep for so long would have frightened me before. But what I had experienced as a plant has reminded me that I could do nothing about what I could not control. I merely enjoyed the warmth of Kibbles by my side and the hum of the plants around me.

" Did you connect with your magic?" I heard a windy voice speak.

I looked over to see that Puff was staring at me.

" I think I did" I replied.

Puff nodded it's dragon head.

" Who are you talking to? " Kibbles said still latching on to me.

" Puff I think?" I said simply.

" Puff can talk? I didn't hear anything! Are you sure you're okay?" Kibbles said worried at how calm I was.