Chapter 72: In The Blink Of An Eye

It had been a week or so since I slipped into my new routine. In the mornings I would wake up before the sun and practice my sword strokes then from there have breakfast with grandfather. I would then have lessons with Riku who I had promised to visit when I had a chance.

I then had lessons to do with war and leading armies with my grandfather, then in the evening I had court lessons and by night time I finished the day with magic practice where lady Yu would come visit and offer advice.

The new training area was a massive guardian with a low rank plant spirit beast that had been transplanted from the school. Lady Yu had brought it in as a welcome gift. I had no idea why everyone had been giving me presents but I accepted them without too much worry.

A few days ago I went to visit my mother's grave. I had been putting it off. The place was well maintained but it felt very lonely. I brought some flowers and made them grow in potted plants next to her grave and would go to visit to talk to her before my morning sword practice.

I would tell her about my day, about the friends I had made and even about my problems. I knew mother in her own way had always tried to be there for me even if she didn't know how. I wasn't sure how people on this planet grieved death so I merely did what I thought was best.

It hurt at first.

It took me several hours just to walk through the door but knowing mother's spirit has gone to another place made me feel a little relief, she didn't have to suffer anymore.

I hadn't heard any news about father yet. Not hearing anything was better than finding his corpse. I was sure that vance would be horrible enough to parade him around had they killed him. If fact I wished they would if they did.. Not knowing was much.. Much worse.

I missed that stupid old man.

I tried to be strong for the people I had left but day by day I felt the responsibility pile up on me. A month had gone by before I knew it and I felt like a robot.

I spoke to mother, trained and studied then I slept.

The second month rolled by with the same routine.

The bandits at this point had made their way to our estate and katowed near the front door. Grandfather allowed them to join the army and make themselves useful to society. Haia had become their squad captain. They were used as public guards to make sure that there was less theft.

It was ironic but they proved themselves and became public favorites even if they looked like thugs. Ren had told me they were even given the nickname " The Thieving Guardians" lovingly by the people.

In a lot of ways doing the same thing everyday was very comforting.

I had also gotten much much stronger. My points for the Lubu Lubu system were also piling up. The more I trained the more numb to everything else I became.

The only thing that went through my mind was surviving high school and finding my father.

Cupid had also sent a message saying that he was fixing the Lubu machine and that war mode would be available just before high school started for me. I was very excited to see what he had instore for me next.

He had also told me not to level up my magic until it was ready so I wouldn't go out of control like Kibbles and I had done last time before he remotely locked the leveling system.