Chapter: 10

Switching on the lights Alec enters the room and I follow him behind. When Alec was unlocking the door, I utilize this time to take in my surroundings, just to make sure I remember the way out. 

When it comes to your safety, remember one thing don't trust anyone. Even if you are with someone who is trustable, but still, always keep your guards up. Because you never know, when that person also might need your help. If you know how to protect yourself, then you can protect others too.

My eyes roam around the room, which looks like it is someone's office. Four out of one wall is floor to ceiling window overlooking the inside of the Battleground. From here you can clearly watch everything, including the fighting ring. If my guess is right the window is a one-way glass window. 

"Here," Alec comes from behind and hands me... an ice-cream tub?

"Ice-cream?" I look at him, in confusion. 

If someone like Alec says, he knows what can help me in calming down my anger, then ice-cream will not be the thing which will come in my mind. Things like breaking stuff or letting your anger out on a punching bag or cursing the shit out of someone, these things make much more sense.

Honestly, that is how I let out my frustration. And I was so ready to let out my anger on him, but I guess we have different ways of calming ourselves. 

"Yeah, eat this, it will help in cooling off your anger," he opens the tub which is half empty and gives me a spoon.

Cooling off my anger? I am annoyed, not going through the breakup that ice-cream will help me.

"Dude, this is not even full," I take ice-cream from his hand and points my spoon inside. 

"Yeah," he looks down and scratches his neck, "I was eating it before the match."

I shake my head and place a spoonful of vanilla ice-cream in my mouth. Instantly, I clench my eyes shut, momentary going through brain freeze. After a moment when ice-cream starts to melt, I start feeling better.

"I want to ask you something," I take another spoon of ice-cream and sit on the floor facing the window. 

"Go ahead," he nods and, following my actions, sits beside me on the floor.

"You could have knocked out that guy easily in the first five to six minutes," I look at him, "Then why you dragged the whole match for twenty minutes?" 

"What makes you think I was dragging the match?" he raises his eyebrow, "Knocking him out was not easy," he shakes his head. 

"You were clearly dragging it," I state looking at him pointedly, "He may match you in size and built, but in skills, he was not your match," I shake my head.

"You were just tiring him, I can see that from the start. In no time you have figured his moves, that is why you were easily blocking his every hit," I turn my gaze back to the window watching another fight which is happening in the ring, "Only in the last five minutes you hit him, otherwise you were just blocking... playing defensively," I arch my eyebrow at him, my lips twitched upward in smile when I notice, slight bewilderment in his eyes

"And why do you think he was not my match?" he asks, instantly recovering from his shock, in a challenging tone.

"Really?" I give him an incredulous look, "Still thinking that I am a fool?"

"So, listen, dodo," I puff out an air, "His footwork was crap, his punches were uncoordinated, he was not using his brain, just throwing punches in the air in aggression. He just once or twice got lucky and his fist connected with your side. Even you can't deny that you were dying to finish such one-sided match," I roll my eyes.