Chapter: 67

Slightly opening my eyes I glance at the thick brown curtains covering the window. From the very small parting, between the curtains, I can see the Sun has barely come up as the sky is filled with light pinkish hues representing twilight.

Stirring in my position, I notice an arm... not just any arm, my favorite arm, is draped across my stomach as I am lying on my back. Sleep doesn't cause amnesia, so I fully remember how this arm is around me.

My heart flutters a little as I recall how entire night Alec held me so that I can sleep peacefully. Honestly, I have never been this close to any guy, physically or emotionally, but being with him seems so natural. Whenever he touches me, even if it slight graze of an arm or accidental brushes, sudden warmth spreads in my heart.

Turning my face, my eyes land on Alec's face as he is already looking at me intently. It is too early to think about what is going on in his complex mind when my own mind telling me to get back to sleep. Obeying my mind, I turn on my side and throw my arm around his waist while placing my face in the crook of his neck. The smell of his soap faintly present on his skin, however, now it is mixed with his own scent.

He weaves his fingers through my hair and gently massages my scalp, while his hold on me tightens as if he does not want me to go.

Well, he is lucky, even I don't want to go.

Snuggling more into him, a small contented sigh falls from my lips as his fingers continue to massage my head in small circular motions, relaxing me even more than I am. He places a kiss on my temple while clutching me to his chest like his most prized possession which tilts my lips into a smile.

The feeling which you get when someone makes you feel loved, or makes you feel wanted, can't be described in words. I always wanted to experience something like this, the feeling of being important to someone.

Deep inside my heart, I always felt unwanted, like I am just someone about whom nobody would care. Because that's how I was made felt when I was never shown any affection. Only Pops was the one who loved me and still loves me.

However, the way I feel with Alec is different something really strong. Something for which I always wished for, but thought I never deserve.

Tears spring to my eyes, making clenches my eyes tightly to trap them inside. I try to keep my breathing normal, as I know even the slightest changes in my breathing will alert this observant guy.

But as if instinctually, he pulls me closer to himself, even more. The only thing separating us is our clothing, his warmth seeping from the fabric of my clothes into my skin. Slightly, leaning his head down he presses his lips against my forehead in a small kiss making my heart skip a beat.

Just before I allow myself to sleep in his comforting embrace, a thought invades my mind. A thought which should have frightened me but instead it puts rest to all the doubts which surround him in my mind, bringing internal peace to the struggle between my heart and mind.

I think I love this guy.

I see Alec's face behind my closed eyelids, looking at me with that intense gaze of his which sometimes conveys so many emotions when his face fails to express.

No, I am sure, I do love this guy.

Four hours later, I am already ready sitting on the bed cross-legged as I wait for Alec to return from wherever he went.

He asked me to not to leave this room, neither answer the door to any person other than him. If I wasn't so curious about where he planned to take me, I would have already ventured out on a little adventure of my own.