Chapter: 63

I have been tossing and turning in the bed for the past two hours, but I am not able to sleep. It is not that I am not sleepy, because I am sleepy as hell. I want to sleep, however, I can't sleep... if you can understand what I mean.

I run my fingers around my neck, to check maybe these new clothes are itching me that's why I am unable to sleep, but they are one of the softest pajama sets which I have ever wear. I don't know when he bought them but when Alec showed me this guest room, there was a bag of new clothes placed on the bed.

The thing is I can't sleep in an unfamiliar place. Like I want my bed, my room or at least something familiar around me to get a peaceful sleep. Otherwise, I will keep on waking up after a few minutes of sleep. And this is the same thing which is happening with me right now.

Man, I am so irritated.

Sitting on the bed, cross-legged, I scratch my head as my eyes are half-closed with sleep. Rubbing my eyes with my fingers, I open my eyes. Widening my eyes, I blink a couple of times to get rid of some sleep to at least think properly. 

The first thing which comes in my mind is to steal Alec's car keys and go home because my bed is calling me. But the way my eyes are heavy with sleep, morgue will the place where I will end up instead of reaching home. 

Yawning, I walk outside the room and thinking about what to do because if this is how I spend all night then most likely I will end up behind the bars for killing someone tomorrow. 

Suddenly, an idea comes to my mind, making me smile as maybe now I will finally be able to sleep.

Before I can knock for the second time, the door opens revealing an alert Alec. From his bed-head and sleep indent on his cheek, it is clear that he was sleeping. Although signs of sleep are clear on his face, his eyes are alert. 

"What happened?" He asks slightly frowning, his voice raspy with sleep.

Without saying anything, I hold his wrist and start dragging him with me towards my room. Dragging him towards my bed, I shove him on the bed. Taken by surprise, he falls on the bed looking at me in bewilderment.

"Are you crazy?" He asks propping on his elbows, eyeing my movement as I walk around the bed and get inside the cover, lying on my side.

Finally, now I can get some undisturbed sleep.

Sighing, I close my eyes feeling relieved.

Exactly, two seconds later Alec starts tapping my nose and forcefully I have to look at him. 

"I can't sleep in an unfamiliar place, I need something familiar around me," Closing my eyes, I say before he can ask me anything, "You are a familiar thing in this room, that will help me in sleeping."

I can sense him staring at me.

"Stop staring me, stare something else." I give him one eye glare because I am too lazy and sleepy to open both eyes, "I am trying to sleep here."

"Wow!" He shakes his head looking at me in disbelief, but he settles down.

"Good night." A few moments later, he presses his lips on my forehead.

"Hmm..." I am too tired even to reply, so I just settle on lightly nodding my head, snuggling more into the pillow.

The next day, when I woke up I already know its afternoon, as I hate waking up early for no reason. And as far as I know, I don't have anything to do. After going through my routine, I walk outside the room. 

Since I am still in my no human interaction mode, I simply stare at Alec when I find him in the living room talking to someone on the phone and walk straight into the kitchen.